• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry bro. You sit on my jumpseat I'm gonna talk...... a lot. You're free to ride in the back or take the next flight. In case you haven't noticed or are just naive, NOT talking about this stuff aint making it go away.

Gup

You're probably not going to like the arbitrated result, so yes, you will be talking, a lot. It just won't be the staple you wish for.

OYS

We had a AAI jumpseater a month ago MKE - BWI. He was excited because he said this is going to be such a great integration. He said this is the first time that "Two equal airlines merge" Said it is a no brainer....DOH will work fine as long as the Captains are protected.

He also said that we should be happy that we won't have to fly the -300's anymore. The 717 will be replacing all of them.

I would rather be in the back standing anyway Gup than listening to unprofessional behavior and having heated discussions. You know it may not be that way, but why go down that road. You are not going to change any minds. Don't bother. You are wasting your breathe and I don't understand your purpose except to annoy people. You are just trying to make yourself feel good.

It would also be dishonorable because you would have a jumpseater at a disadvantage. I would think u more honorable than that. Do you want guys to lie to you?

Before I head to the back for most of the flight I will throw a small soapbox under your seat. Just call me before the 10,000 call and I will come in and take my seat ;)
thx.

At the risk of starting a fire I'll just make one comment.

It pisses you guys off when we explain to you how good of a deal you inherited and that fair and equitable goes both ways.

That's NOT a flame. I'm NOT looking to start a fight. It's simply an observation after reading/listening for the past 8+ months.

Gup

At the risk of starting a fire I'll just make one comment.

It pisses you guys off when we explain to you how good of a deal you inherited and that fair and equitable goes both ways.

That's NOT a flame. I'm NOT looking to start a fight. It's simply an observation after reading/listening for the past 8+ months.

Gup

If things are going so great why are you mergering with us? One thing I have learned is that companies in this business have a habit of not substaining their top position, and you adapt or die.

Getting back to the original purpose of the thread...

The loudest person in the the room is the weakest.

Last edited:
If things are going so great why are you mergering with us?

That's a easy one... Gary saw and very easy opportunity to move into Atlanta and get rid of competitor in one swift move. (great business move)

Now, what does the Airtran contract bring to the SW pilots, versus what do the Airtran pilots expect to gain? Goes back to why on group is wearing lanyards and the others are not.

The differences between the two are MORE than night and day.

RF

Now, what does the Airtran contract bring to the SW pilots, versus what do the Airtran pilots expect to gain? Goes back to why on group is wearing lanyards and the others are not.

RF

Nothing, unless you see something you want. I already told everyone on here that the AT pilots can get together monthly and have a bake sale for the SWA pilots who feel they aren't gaining anything and all proceeds will then be available to put in your pocket. We know you have a better contract. Everyone knows you have a better contract. We get it, but does that mean we deserve to be stapled? Contracts come and go. Ask our friends at the Legacy carriers.
As to the lanyard thing, it's your choice not to wear it, but the reason you are deciding not to wear it seems rather childish and not fitting of the "culture" you guys seem to describe. I don't wear mine because I don't like wearing lanyards. Had SWA given out a pocket clip ID holder with some sort of ONE LUV theme, I would be wearing it.

Latest resources

Back