• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Contracts don't matter to arbitrators with SLI. Put the pipe down, and read the law.

Are you serious? Really? No wonder you don't want to talk about SLI out on the line.

Do you really think an arbitor would completely disregard career expectations at both companies? I sounds like you might need to do a little more research about the law. Check the Air Midwest decision for one.

Gen/OYS,

I think you will be surprised how well this SLI will go. Just sit back and let it all unfold. No worries here.

RF

Are you serious? Really? No wonder you don't want to talk about SLI out on the line.

Do you really think an arbitor would completely disregard career expectations at both companies? I sounds like you might need to do a little more research about the law. Check the Air Midwest decision for one.

Gen/OYS,

I think you will be surprised how well this SLI will go. Just sit back and let it all unfold. No worries here.

RF

You do realize Midwest was bankrupt, and had returned all of their planes to the creditors, right?

We're all just along for the ride at this point, but if you guys are hanging your hat on arbitration, and think that Midex and Shuttle America (another bankrupt carrier) have any bearing on this merger, I think you guys will be shocked.

Last edited:
The culture won't be comprimised what so ever. Bank on it.

Well RF, I sure hope you are right. But I believe that these forums and the way the SWA crews (20-30%) are acting towards AAI crews will and could destroy the culture. Remember the AAI guys are used to no culture and are "war hardened" by a piss poor mgmt team over there for the past 10 years, especially during contract negs. The only people to lose are the SWA folks, AAI already knows no difference.

My other question to everybody that makes this site so stupid is this: Airtran is bringing there own toys to the game, so they are not taking anybodies upgrade or future careers from them, actually if you read the news, AAI gave there "slots" for 5 73's to SWA this year and AAI is completely stagnate, much like SWA has been for the last 2+ years.

Grow up, this was done by two profitable companies for the long to growth of one "future" world class airlline, there is nothing the pilots can do on this forumn or anywhere else to make this change, we can either play nice and watch the airline grow and earn $ or we can fight like 2 year olds and watch the combined company collapse and struggle with labor like the USAir/AM west disaster.

Think about it!

You do realize Midwest was bankrupt, and had returned all of their planes to the creditors, right?

An arbitrator will see SWA and AAI as two narrowbody, mostly domestic carriers. AAI in 2011 is SWA in 1989. There is more growth and upside at AAI than at a mature and stagnant SWA, but SWA is more financially sound. Arbitrators aren't going to care about this contract's rate of pay; those things expire and change. When they talk about "career expectations" they are talking seat and equipment.

If you think arbitration would give you anything better than a mediated agreement will, you're kidding yourselves.

We're all just along for the ride at this point, but if you guys are hanging your hat on arbitration, and think that Midex and Shuttle America (another bankrupt carrier) have any bearing on this merger, I think you guys will be shocked.

You need to re-read my post. I didn't say Midwest.

The contractual differences between AAI and SW are huge. Career expecations are completely different. It will all be factored in if it goes to arbitration. In the end, this is Gary's legacy, he won't ruin Southwest over it. If you think otherwise, you're dreaming.

For guys who like to talk about how great the punch is, some of you sure seem eager to float a chalupa in it.

Me, I prefer to put a little rum in it.

Ty,

I know you know but............ just protecting the house. I've got his back.

I'll have your back too when this is all said and done.

Gup

Hey, I'm looking forward to this crap being over, too! It'll be whatever it'll be.

Besides, how would you like to have Milton as your avatar? :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back