• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only people to lose are the SWA folks, AAI already knows no difference.

I don't find this statement true at all.

Talking to yourself again? Doesn't virtual Delta need you to virtually fly to virtual Bangkok or some other virtual destination?

Yep, Delta still goes there. Same with Singapore, Manilla, Hong Kong, Shanghai (just restarted ATL nonstop with a 777), Guam, Saipan, Korror (Palau), Sydney, Beijing, Taipei, Nagoya, Osaka, Tokyo, Pusan, Honolulu, Kona, Maui, Lihue, Seoul, ----and those are just the daily or more flights to the Pacific.

Now what about South and Central America---Rio, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Quito, Guayaquil, Manaus, Brasilia, Caracas, Bogota, Panama City, Lima, Georgetown, Managua, Guatamala City, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Liberia, San Jose, Roatan, etc.

How about the Caribbean? San Juan (you got that one with Airtran), St Thomas, St Croix, St Kitts, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Montego Bay, Kingston, Barbados, Antigua, Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Puerta Plata, Grand Cayman, Grenada, St Martaen, etc.

How about Europe? London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester, Dublin, Shannon, Brussels, Amsterdam, Moscow, Istanbul, Dusseldorf, Munich, Frankfurt, Paris, Nice, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Milan, Venice, Prague, Athens, Copenhagen, Stuttgart, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Malaga, Valencia, etc.

How about Africa? Accra, Lagos, Abuja, Monrovia, Dakar, Johanesburg.

I may have missed a few (all memory, thanks), but those are with DL metal. Add to that a domestic hub in ATL that is bigger and busier than anything you have (70% of the busiest airport in the world), and hubs in the Midwest (MSP/DTW/CVG/MEM), East Coast (JFK, and bigger LGA with slot swap with USAir), West Coast (SEA/SLC/LAX), and I think you are starting to see that the virtual thing you say is a bunch of BULL S..... But wait, you do have Hobby and Love Field.......(hear crickets? yeah) Great for you. Again, apples to oranges. You just aren't a world player, and I guess that's ok for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, it's very true. Stagnation will occur for some Southwest folks, in the form of delayed upgrade, maybe lower seniority in base. On the other hand, the Airtran guys get huge raises, more base choices, and the chance to have a SWA pilot yank gear for him. TALK ABOUT FANTASTIC. The only things that may be good for Southwest pilots is the chance to fly and live in ATL, fly into DCA, and maybe start training on a new plane (717) without paying for it. Sounds like a win win for both of you! Be nice now to your brothers in ATL, they may be your Captain one day.......:)

Bye Bye---General Lee

So you think it is not true that you will lose the culture that you all know and love? Think about what you are saying...the AAI people do not have the culture so if the culture implodes here then they will have exactly what they had there, none...

Yep, Delta still goes there. Same with Singapore, Manilla, Hong Kong, Shanghai (just restarted ATL nonstop with a 777), Guam, Saipan, Korror (Palau), Sydney, Beijing, Taipei, Nagoya, Osaka, Tokyo, Pusan, Honolulu, Kona, Maui, Lihue, Seoul, ----and those are just the daily or more flights to the Pacific.

Now what about South and Central America---Rio, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Quito, Guayaquil, Manaus, Brasilia, Caracas, Bogota, Panama City, Lima, Georgetown, Managua, Guatamala City, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Liberia, San Jose, Roatan, etc.

How about the Caribbean? San Juan (you got that one with Airtran), St Thomas, St Croix, St Kitts, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Montego Bay, Kingston, Barbados, Antigua, Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Puerta Plata, Grand Cayman, Grenada, St Martaen, etc.

How about Europe? London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester, Dublin, Shannon, Brussels, Amsterdam, Moscow, Istanbul, Dusseldorf, Munich, Frankfurt, Paris, Nice, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Milan, Venice, Prague, Athens, Copenhagen, Stuttgart, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Malaga, Valencia, etc.

How about Africa? Accra, Lagos, Abuja, Monrovia, Dakar, Johanesburg.

I may have missed a few (all memory, thanks), but those are with DL metal. Add to that a domestic hub in ATL that is bigger and busier than anything you have (70% of the busiest airport in the world), and hubs in the Midwest (MSP/DTW/CVG/MEM), East Coast (JFK, and bigger LGA with slot swap with USAir), West Coast (SEA/SLC/LAX), and I think you are starting to see that the virtual thing you say is a bunch of BULL S..... But wait, you do have Hobby and Love Field.......(hear crickets? yeah) Great for you. Again, apples to oranges. You just aren't a world player, and I guess that's ok for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Tripower-cord just got OWNED. Good one Lee.

OYS

No, it's very true. Stagnation will occur for some Southwest folks, in the form of delayed upgrade, maybe lower seniority in base. On the other hand, the Airtran guys get huge raises, more base choices, and the chance to have a SWA pilot yank gear for him. TALK ABOUT FANTASTIC. The only things that may be good for Southwest pilots is the chance to fly and live in ATL, fly into DCA, and maybe start training on a new plane (717) without paying for it. Sounds like a win win for both of you! Be nice now to your brothers in ATL, they may be your Captain one day.......:)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't tell SWA F/O that, he just doesn't see any truth in that. None. Zip. Nada.

OYS

I believe there is another Pilot group that has a lot more to lose then the Southwest Pilots. The old saying: Don't count your eggs before they hatch, comes to mind.

I already am a SWAPA Pilot.

I believe there is another Pilot group that has a lot more to lose then the Southwest Pilots. The old saying: Don't count your eggs before they hatch, comes to mind.

I already am a SWAPA Pilot.

Interesting, when did SWAPA start hiring pilots?

Tripower-cord just got OWNED. Good one Lee.

OYS

Not even close to owned. General likes to throw out some anti-SW garbage about Volaris when he has EIGHT codeshare partners and almost 50% domestic Regional Feed.

Then he tries his best to spin it with long boring post.

He has ZERO credibility when it comes to these issues. The DALPA house is burning and he tries to make you think it's all business as usual. Well maybe it is..for them.

RF

Latest resources

Back