• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What'd you have for breakfast, OYS? I had a banana and some turkey.

See and avoid, a classic. Don't worry OYS, they don't want to address the arbitration issue. It will be fun to watch how this all pans out. Do you really eat bananas and turkey for breakfast? When do you do that? By 7am you already have flown 2 legs between Harlingen and Austin, and onto El Paso. Good for you!

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's a easy one... Gary saw and very easy opportunity to move into Atlanta and get rid of competitor in one swift move. (great business move)

Now, what does the Airtran contract bring to the SW pilots, versus what do the Airtran pilots expect to gain? Goes back to why on group is wearing lanyards and the others are not.

The differences between the two are MORE than night and day.

RF

That was a good move. And it was also good for Gary to constantly state in the press that it was a merger. Throw in some arbitration, and the best move of them all will be done by the Airtran NC deciding binding arbitration is best for their group. That will make the cockpit chatter a slightly higher pitch. (all in the name of fairness)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I saw the first "(o)No Love" sticker yesterday at BWI. Great sticker and it's so true! Good luck to everyone; we're going to need it.

Now, what does the Airtran contract bring to the SW pilots, versus what do the Airtran pilots expect to gain? Goes back to why on group is wearing lanyards and the others are not.

The differences between the two are MORE than night and day.

RF

Contracts don't matter to arbitrators with SLI. Put the pipe down, and read the law.

As for the lanyards that has more to do with who thinks they are about to get screwed. Really they are not. It is just their perspective because they have been living in a bubble outside reality for about a decade now. But hey! So did Pan AM, Braniff, USAir, United and Delta. You guys have been running around more concerned about 30 years from now then 5 years from now. Sorry you had to wake up from that dream. Guess you guys are acting like everybody else would. True colors. That is ok. We are not tested when things are easy. Only when times are tough.

Starting to sound like the only Luv the last few years is money bought.

If I were u guys I would be more worried about a paycut the next 5 years then the SLI.

Last edited:
I saw the first "(o)No Love" sticker yesterday at BWI. Great sticker and it's so true! Good luck to everyone; we're going to need it.

You guys are so ALPA and you don't even know it. Next, maybe a giant rat? Where is the "No Love" coming from? How are you guys receiving "No Love?" Greed has become the demise of not only our industry, but this country. Don't join in. We've all seen the repercussions. There are enough deliveries planned at LUV over the next 3 1/2 years that everyone should feel the LUV. What is it that you guys want from your management that you aren't already getting?

Funny stuff Larry David. You need to curb your enthusiasm some more. There will be some of us laughing though when this is all over. Good luck and Godspeed.

OYS

If you keep your room clean and do your c*************************(really? this board edits the word c-h-o-r-e-s?), maybe Mom won't take your computer privileges away again.....

Funny stuff Larry David. You need to curb your enthusiasm some more. There will be some of us laughing though when this is all over. Good luck and Godspeed.

OYS

Now that is some funny stuff! LOL! That guy really is a tool.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Contracts don't matter to arbitrators with SLI. Put the pipe down, and read the law.

If I were u guys I would be more worried about a paycut the next 5 years then the SLI.

OK...... you've called me out! LOL!

If you could humor me a couple answers? Please?

Do you REALLY think that contract$, $trength of company, and career expectaion$ don't matter to an arbitrator?

If you don't, why, and please give me some data to convince me. That data should include examples of two companies as different as AAI/WN.

If you were "us" guys? You'd be worried about paycuts in the next 5 years? Please provide data to convince us of your stance. If the answer is "just because" you'll have to try harder.

Good luck with your answers.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back