• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'd better double check your ALPA definition of struck work. If WN flies from EWR to XYZ and so does CAL, it isn't stuck work. Struck work is flying CAL passengers on CAL tickets on SWA jets.

I can PROMISE you that I would never do that. Matter of fact you let me know when and where you boys are picketing and I'll bring my enormous gut over and walk with you.

I had no idea you guys were even pissed off. What gives?

Gup

Three words.......SCOPE, SCOPE, SCOPE.

Unless the greed of the execs overrides their hatred of pilots and unions, we expect to be butting heads over scope.

The "new" UAL may be to big to walk off and shut the place down, but that doesn't mean we can't stay on property during self help and create chaos.

Personally- happines has much more to do with perspective- there are some things that could be improved- but my life got much better on day 1 at wn- and I came from a legacy and have had a great corporate job and a good rj job-

"perspective: use it or lose it"-

Rod
From what i hear, my brothers at the bottom of our list are unhappy because of 2 reasons: seniority stagnation and sitting continual Reserve. Most of them still like flying their individual SWA trips just not in the context of being at the bottom with all associated trappings. Next year's contract will deal with the Reserve issue and only post- Nov 2012 and and improving economy will fix the seniority issue. It s*cks for the boys at the bottom....I get that. Yes, I do feel very fortunate to be where i'm at.
m

Some of you guys need some perspective here.....15/16 days off on RESERVE ain't that bad. You know what REALLY sucks? Being furloughed. Yep, that sucks. Count your blessings already!

Latest resources

Back