• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humm, I remember of bunch of Southwest people here were complaining about Delta not putting up the LGA slots for bid. At least it was a couple of airlines that were going to get the slots....this just goes straight to Southwest...I haven't heard one Southwest person complaining that it wasn't put up to bid to the highest bidder...now that is hypocrisy!

Last edited:
Humm, I remember of bunch of Southwest people here were complaining about Delta not putting up the LGA slots for bid. At least it was a couple of airlines that were going to get the slots....this just goes straight to Southwest...I haven't heard one Southwest person complaining that it wasn't put up bid to the highest bidder...not that is hypocrisy!

DAL, if I remember correctly, was trying to sell/trade the slots. CAL is only leasing them; the combined CAL/UAL still retains ownership of the slots. I am surprised that the DOJ to not force CAL to divest the slots. This is a best case scenario for CAL/UAL. I still can't believe it.

Absolutely, this is worse...CAL gets to keep ownership of them! It is amazing that Southwest gets everything handed to them on a platter. No landing fees for 20 years, what gates do you want...ok here you go, oh you want a new parking garage...here you go....and who pays for it....every other airline who pays the fees that allow Southwest to come!

You're right.

Southwest has never paid its fair share of airport fees.

Everywhere we go hot babes bend over and airport authorities buckle.

It's good to be us. :pimp:

Gup

Absolutely, this is worse...CAL gets to keep ownership of them! It is amazing that Southwest gets everything handed to them on a platter. No landing fees for 20 years, what gates do you want...ok here you go, oh you want a new parking garage...here you go....and who pays for it....every other airline who pays the fees that allow Southwest to come!

They are leasing the slots from CAL; meaning they are paying CAL to use the slots. The SWA paranoia seems a little extreme.

Easy come, easy go. It's not like they're showing up because they smell blood in the water. SWA is just doing what they do. I think this will be good for everybody.

Latest resources

Back