• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is fair to one group will not be fair to the other group. Don't forget about the Bond/McKaskill (sp?) amendment concerning mergers/purchases...and don't forget about the "fair and equitable" integration between TWA and aa. If you are not familiar, I suggest you get that way, and soon.

TWA/AA was more a matter of the TWA MEC rolling over and playing dead than Allegheny/Mohawk.

Look, you guys have about 6000 pilots. We have 1500.
So, assuming DoH is a non-starter under Allegheny-Mohawk for either party, what's wrong with a 4-1 ratio integration?

4 SWA, 1 AS, 4 SWA, 1 AS and so forth.

Of course, you wouldn't think that's fair since you seem to be a Swingline proponent. However, that's just a bit self-serving, don't you think?

Personally, I liked the way DAL/NWA did it. No one over there lost more than 3 or 4% seniority. That seems acceptable to me.

TWA/AA was more a matter of the TWA MEC rolling over and playing dead than Allegheny/Mohawk.

So, assuming DoH is a non-starter under Allegheny-Mohawk for either party, what's wrong with a 4-1 ratio integration?

Of course, you wouldn't think that's fair since you seem to be a Swingline proponent. However, that's just a bit self-serving, don't you think?

Personally, I liked the way DAL/NWA did it. No one over there lost more than 3 or 4% seniority. That seems acceptable to me.

4-5 to 1 is reasonable...

Our BoD would never allow it though because it will "hurt" senior guys more than junior. Stand by to be screwed on this one folks....man, we need a recall

Here we go. Like I said in my first post, get familiar with what REALLY happened with the TWA/aa merger. To suggest the TWA MEC rolled over is absolute BS. It is precisely because they did NOT roll over that the lawsuit continues...ask any of the apa boys...and ALPO national.

4:1 ratio? Sorry, but I doubt it.

Here is some friendly advice from an aviator who has lived this nightmare: Don't worry about this until it happens. This entire string is a rumor!!! The TWA/aa merger is fact. Learn it.

Here we go. Like I said in my first post, get familiar with what REALLY happened with the TWA/aa merger. To suggest the TWA MEC rolled over is absolute BS. It is precisely because they did NOT roll over that the lawsuit continues...ask any of the apa boys...and ALPO national.

4:1 ratio? Sorry, but I doubt it.

Here is some friendly advice from an aviator who has lived this nightmare: Don't worry about this until it happens. This entire string is a rumor!!! The TWA/aa merger is fact. Learn it.

What ratio would you recommend?

I am just one vote but I think that is more than fair. JMO

...Besides, a SWA buyout would be the BEST thing that could happen to Alaska pilots.

I think you need to speak for yourself. There are a probably a lot of Alaska pilots that at one time or another would have loved to have been SWA pilots, however, hate to break the news to everybody but not EVERYBODY wants to fly for SWA.

The only reason SWA has the highest paid pilots right now is because the rest of us came down to SWA's level not because SWA is the one that somehow raised the bar.

I like having a retirement other than profit sharing and a stingy 401k match.

I like flying airplanes with a lot of the bells and whistles...

I like that we have a culture in which it is NOT okay to taxi at speeds approaching V1.

I'd be perfectly fine if SWA didn't buy us...and I definetly wouldn't feel like it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Well, IF it happened you could always quit.

Latest resources

Back