• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally, I liked the way DAL/NWA did it. No one over there lost more than 3 or 4% seniority. That seems acceptable to me.

Anyone hired after 1995 lost between 5-12% seniority over the next 10-15 years on the NWA side, so STFU. 3-4%, I wish.

The McCaskill legislation says that any merger or acquisition of more than 49% of another airline's assets would require the merger policy of the common union to be implemented (DAL/NWA) or Allegheny-Mohawk (or maybe binding arbitration--I can't find the exact language) in the event of different unions representing the two work groups.

Anyway, the days of stapling one group outright is over. (Until they change the law...)

TC

We need to buy Alaska just so they can run our training department. I've been up front with them and it's truly impressive. I think they fly the jet like Boeing intended. Wow- what a concept.

Wow. That's it. Makes sense now. And once again the senior dudes will prevail.

What hire date is THE junior captain at F9?

Senior is still 1994?

The Lynx boys better get ready to grab their ankles.

Gup

Bringing people on that otherwise would not meet the requirements to work here or better yet interviewed and was turned down for whatever reason, I do have a problem with.

Red Dog,

For the record....when SWA bought Morris, Morris had pilots there that had been turned down by SWA, only the Morris Capt's had a 737 type, and a couple of the Morris pilots had even been terminated by SWA.

Even the former terminated SWA pilots came with the Morris purchase. And the insurance company had no say in those Moris pilots that did not have a 737 Type.

Now that I recall, SWA mgmt did not want to re-hire those terminated SWA pilots. The Morris pilots actually stood up to SWA management and would not come to SWA without the entire Morris pilot group.

And it is because of that ...the entire Morris pilot group ended up on probation for one year.

But...they did stand up to SWA. Now if we would only stand up against the tur....errr....the TA.

Vote "No"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back