• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lamest thing I have seen at SWA is having the FO call out the RA as you come down the glide slope. 500,400,300,200, enough already!!!!

The only way you'll ever see swa attempt to acquire any other airline is if someone else tries it first. example: some other airline strolls into Denver to buy Frontier, then you'll see GK in the bidding and only then.

I'd have to agree. The 737 type rating is not an issue at Alaska because ALL our guys have them. And considering the amount of crapola our training department throws at us every recurrent, I'd venture a guess that crosstraining to the SWA system isn't an issue.

And while its true that in the past, SWA has "given pilots interviews" part of the reason was to eliminate people SWA had rejected.

The ATA model is flawed because a large number of their pilots were not current in the 737.

We're all current and qualified. While DoH is not a component of Allegheny-Mohawk, some sort of ratioed integration would be the fairest way to go. After all, there are no "career expectation" issues since all either of us could aspire to is a 737 left seat.

Now, if we could only convince you guys to clean up all the B.S. on your EFIS displays, life would be grand!

Folks,

I have no idea if anything is in the offing. That being said, there is no such thing as a "fair and equitable" integration, whether you talk allegheny/mohawk or whatever. What is fair to one group will not be fair to the other group. Don't forget about the Bond/McKaskill (sp?) amendment concerning mergers/purchases...and don't forget about the "fair and equitable" integration between TWA and aa. If you are not familiar, I suggest you get that way, and soon.

The only way you'll ever see swa attempt to acquire any other airline is if someone else tries it first. example: some other airline strolls into Denver to buy Frontier, then you'll see GK in the bidding and only then.

Since we all think Delta is buying us then might this be the response from SWA. Get them before Delta does??

I am in complete disagreement on the appropriateness of telling your wife you want to tap this girl or that girl. You should be able to tell your wife anything. Ideally, your wife should be asking you,"Honey, would you like to tap that?" Now if you responded with,"Hell, yeah...she's WAY hotter than you!" then you're just stupid.

I am in complete disagreement on the appropriateness of telling your wife you want to tap this girl or that girl. You should be able to tell your wife anything. Ideally, your wife should be asking you,"Honey, would you like to tap that?" Now if you responded with,"Hell, yeah...she's WAY hotter than you!" then you're just stupid.

Point taken although I think saying something like this out loud to my wife would be counter-productive in the long run!

Latest resources

Back