Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"keep what we have going now"

?

We are operating within Chapter 11, and need more then $100 million in financing in order to exit.

I can think of a lot more unfavorable outcomes then being acquired by SWA.

Best case scenario, Menke sells this place to investors and we continue to exist as F9. Throw in some growth and another hub and I start to get erect.

Worst case scenario, credit markets are terrible and we can't get a loan. Some entity wants our market share and waits until we go TU. Then they march in to DIA by shaving 3-4% of their capacity around the country and re-allocate those airframes in and out of Denver.

Yeah, I think an acquisition by SWA before we shut down falls somewhere in between the two end of the spectrum.

True, and i like the way you are thinking, but i for one have a very positive attitude towards our future...no matter what the options may be. Also, i was talking more about our culture and the benefits such as our excellent scheduling system and options we have for building our own lives at work. No it wouldn't be the end of the world if we were to be acquired...well, or so i think, depending on when or "IF" they give us jobs or even a shot at one.

True, and i like the way you are thinking, but i for one have a very positive attitude towards our future...no matter what the options may be. Also, i was talking more about our culture and the benefits such as our excellent scheduling system and options we have for building our own lives at work. No it wouldn't be the end of the world if we were to be acquired...well, or so i think, depending on when or "IF" they give us jobs or even a shot at one.

let's say you guys got intergrated...would it be such a bad deal then?

until they have to re-interview for the job...It would not be a merger so I believe the whole integration would/could not be an issue if the company just purchases the assets and certificate...

God...how many times have we heard that in this industry ?!?!?!? You may call it that...but all the company has to do is use the "Merger" word one time...and it's on...

I am extremely biased so my opinion is even more worthless than a typical flightinfo post, but you can't compare F9 today to ATA before they shut the doors. Anything and everything can happen, but in addition to posting some very positive numbers over the past four months, we have at least one very smart person in charge of this circus. (Unfortunately the multitude of dumbarses around him tend to drag down our performance, can you say LIDO)His ego and his wallet won't allow this place to just fold. We may not fly around with fuzzy, smelly beasts on our tails anymore, but I am putting my money on a straight up acquisition similar to the intial DIP from Perseus that never came to fruition.
They were going to get 80% of the airline for $70 million.
The price has advance to more than $100 million, but that is pretty attractive considering the revenue.
Who knows what is going to happen, just talking out of my azz, trying to make sense of a senseless industry.

No merger here. My bet is Frontier emerges from Chapter 11 stronger and ready to defend it's home turf. The cost per seat mile at Frontier will be competitive with Southwest if not lower and Frontier's product is, quite simply, better. For those who prefer assigned seats, live TV, and not having to queue up for a decent seat, the choice out of Denver is obvious.

until they have to re-interview for the job...It would not be a merger so I believe the whole integration would/could not be an issue if the company just purchases the assets and certificate.

Spoken like a real ****************************** and it says a lot about the SWA of today.

Alaska is a viable, operating major airline. You would either have a list integration, or you would be sitting around wondering why you just inherited 150 airframes and no pilots to fly them.

until they have to re-interview for the job...It would not be a merger so I believe the whole integration would/could not be an issue if the company just purchases the assets and certificate...such as in ATA...there is the chance they would not have a job...I doubt that it would come to that but this is a strange business

You sure have a keen insight to management's intentions! You should be paid more for your unique skill set!

Latest resources

Back