• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoken like a real ****************************** and it says a lot about the SWA of today.

Alaska is a viable, operating major airline. You would either have a list integration, or you would be sitting around wondering why you just inherited 150 airframes and no pilots to fly them.

Don't get pissed at me for saying things that may happen. Just because you do not like the reality of a certain situation please do not hide under a blanket hoping it would go away. I am not saying any of this would happen...it just could....would I like to see anymore pilots ahead of me on my senority list...NO. Would you? The fact that some of these pilots would not even meet the requirments to work here....do you think that all the pilots here have the 737 type for any other particular reason than to lower insurance for the company...that is the only reason I can see it....how many of these people at these other airlines have the type and the general PIC that the company hires for? Especially at any regional. So this would not be an easy integration at all....I personally do not see the company purchasing anyone right now...your right who am I to know anything.

I am not saying any of this would happen...it just could....would I like to see anymore pilots ahead of me on my senority list...NO. Would you?

Spoken like a true a$$h0le. What you are saying is "Let's buy up a profitable airline and throw all the highly experienced 737 pilots on the street and make them re-interview for a job...underneath you." I think that is what Ty was getting at. Guys like you that "have ours" are more than willing to throw the rest under the bus to advance themselves. How did you get through the interview process at SWA? I doubt SWA wants Alaska but wouldn't a decent person want a fair integration that works out for most?

Spoken like a true a$$h0le. What you are saying is "Let's buy up a profitable airline and throw all the highly experienced 737 pilots on the street and make them re-interview for a job...underneath you." I think that is what Ty was getting at. Guys like you that "have ours" are more than willing to throw the rest under the bus to advance themselves. How did you get through the interview process at SWA? I doubt SWA wants Alaska but wouldn't a decent person want a fair integration that works out for most?

That is not my point....

I have no problem with fair...but please define it?

You can't accept the fact that that above situation CAN happen...nobody says it is right or wrong or will for that matter.

Bringing people on that otherwise would not meet the requirements to work here or better yet interviewed and was turned down for whatever reason, I do have a problem with.

For the record I had been turned down 1 time from SWA before getting on and been turned down by another LCC airline that is out there today so I am not bashing someone for being turned down.

For argument sake what if it was not a "BIG" aircraft airline like Alaska or Frontier...what if it was a small regional...would you feel the same about fair integration where an RJ Capt is now a senior 737 Capt....is that fair?

Last edited:
Would a possible Alaska / SWA merger, purchase, whatever, have to follow the pilot seniority protocall of the Alliganie/Mohawk law. What ever that may be. Any one with a quick over view of what it says?

It depends on the wording of the purchase...do they just buy assets, the whole thing...merge it...there are just too many variables....look what SWA did with the whole ATA and LGA slot and whatever other assests they claim to have bought...was that decision right? I won't say yes or no....but it is $$ business

That is not my point....

I have no problem with fair...but please define it?

You can't accept the fact that that above situation CAN happen...nobody says it is right or wrong or will for that matter.

Bringing people on that otherwise would not meet the requirements to work here or better yet interviewed and was turned down for whatever reason, I do have a problem with.

For the record I had been turned down 1 time from SWA before getting on and been turned down by another LCC airline that is out there today so I am not bashing someone for being turned down.

For argument sake what if it was not a "BIG" aircraft airline like Alaska or Frontier...what if it was a small regional...would you feel the same about fair integration where an RJ Capt is now a senior 737 Capt....is that fair?

Unqualified? Most of us have 737 types and a ton of experience flying RNP, arctic, Mexico, Hawaii, and much of the US. All I was saying is you seem to be the type of guy who, while walking with his wife, eyes a beautiful woman and says "Boy would I like to tap that!" True, yes. Appropriate, no. In regards to fair, I was just talking about SWA and ALK. Same airframes and level.

Spoken like a real ****************************** and it says a lot about the SWA of today.

Alaska is a viable, operating major airline. You would either have a list integration, or you would be sitting around wondering why you just inherited 150 airframes and no pilots to fly them.

We only have 113 airframes.

Unqualified? Most of us have 737 types and a ton of experience flying RNP, arctic, Mexico, Hawaii, and much of the US. All I was saying is you seem to be the type of guy who, while walking with his wife, eyes a beautiful woman and says "Boy would I like to tap that!" True, yes. Appropriate, no. In regards to fair, I was just talking about SWA and ALK. Same airframes and level.

I am not talking about Alaska as a specific airline...I am talking in general...you obviously are not getting what I am saying...which is fine...I hear you...and the wife comment is a bit out of line...if she is hot she is hot.

I'd have to agree. The 737 type rating is not an issue at Alaska because ALL our guys have them. And considering the amount of crapola our training department throws at us every recurrent, I'd venture a guess that crosstraining to the SWA system isn't an issue.

And while its true that in the past, SWA has "given pilots interviews" part of the reason was to eliminate people SWA had rejected.

The ATA model is flawed because a large number of their pilots were not current in the 737.

We're all current and qualified. While DoH is not a component of Allegheny-Mohawk, some sort of ratioed integration would be the fairest way to go. After all, there are no "career expectation" issues since all either of us could aspire to is a 737 left seat.

Now, if we could only convince you guys to clean up all the B.S. on your EFIS displays, life would be grand!

Latest resources

Back