• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines Expands Atlanta Service With Two New Nonstop Destinations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That may be true, but my point is still valid. Your profit sharing check will be smaller than it could have been if your company didn't start a fare war. It may be a moot point though; so far the fares on the competing routes look to be about the same or higher than the market is currently charging.

I'd take a big fat zero profit sharing check for the next nineteen years if I have a paycheck clear, from the same employer, on the 5th and the 20th.

For me, this job is about long term employment. This career is a marathon, not a sprint!

Dont have a dog in this fight BUT..

Not an objective mind in the industry that could say this is good for DAL.

Two free checked bags, cheap fares and friendly FA'a...

Gonna be fugly down the road for DAL - because if anyone thinks that this is anything but the beginning of a major assualt on the hub, you are sorely mistaken -(cue AAI).

And before you launch attack, all my buds are at DAL.

Sorry boys - strap yourselves in.

fv

Really?? Cheap fares!. SWA is no longer considered a discount airlines. In fact, most of its regular fares are more expensive than other major airlines.

Grandpa...you are correct until you do the math...by looking at straight fares we are often higher. But you add all of the fees and we are usually the lowest by far. That is a fact. And when the new stupid passenger bill of rights pass all airlines will have to show their fees up front. Good for swa not so much for others.

Dont have a dog in this fight BUT..

Not an objective mind in the industry that could say this is good for DAL.

Two free checked bags, cheap fares and friendly FA'a...

Gonna be fugly down the road for DAL - because if anyone thinks that this is anything but the beginning of a major assualt on the hub, you are sorely mistaken -(cue AAI).

And before you launch attack, all my buds are at DAL.

Sorry boys - strap yourselves in.

fv

we'll see how well people like them when crews write everything up and taxi slow because they're mad at SWA. Also good luck with 30 minute turns in ATL.

So the Delta and AAI response to this is screw the passenger?

Typical and the reason people love SWA.

Grandpa...you are correct until you do the math...by looking at straight fares we are often higher. But you add all of the fees and we are usually the lowest by far. That is a fact. And when the new stupid passenger bill of rights pass all airlines will have to show their fees up front. Good for swa not so much for others.
Unless you have a credit card or are a frequent flyer which gives you free bags (i.e., no fees), hundreds of clubs around the country (even walked by and seen how packed they are = popular with business dudes), assigned seats, ability to fly F, fly international, etc, etc...Thems are facts.

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/09/southwest-delta-us-airways-slot-swap/545616/1

Southwest cries over "anti-competitive" slot swap. :smash:

Last edited:
You might want to visit economics. A fare war, when one is making money,the other ,loosing money, is good business .

PS Dan R. I see your hate SWA is strong as ever. You might want to get out and enjoy life. All I see is post after post from you,sometimes 3 in a row

Funny you should say that when my third post was saying to noserider that I just got out of the water ( Judging from his avatar I'm sure he knows were Sunset is) and had two glasses of wine!

I don't hate SWA at all. I've met plenty of good SWA folks over the years. Just as many good people there as any other airline. But like so many on here I'm pretty tired of the arrogance. You guys rival UAL in the 90's.
Just because someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean they hate you.

Latest resources

Back