• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines Expands Atlanta Service With Two New Nonstop Destinations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both groups are playing fast and loose with careers that are paying salaries between 100 and 300 grand. One group is hateful. The other is stupid. This is reality plain and simple.

I agree there are those (on both sides) that believe that this is a game that don't have much to lose (or otherwise fail to see it). That is what frustrates me. I have done what is necessary to protect myself and family going forward (at least what little I can do). But I have a responsibility to them to make sure that I am employed and will provide now and in the future. Make no mistake however, I am deeply disappointed with the way the GO has handled this whole integration. Not because of the resultant SLI, but the lack of "clarity" with regard to their true objectives. These events have been a reality check as to the way the GO conducts business and I will be weary of them for some time. That being said, I have turned the page personally and am eager to get to know my new colleagues, but I (and I suspect others) will be very cautious of what is said in the future. But without employment what difference does it make.

I stated a few weeks ago that I was against the first SLA and would have voted that way had I been given a chance. It has now been made very clear that I should never been looking at the agreement, in and of itself, but to vote as an indication of continued employment. That, is where "clarity" would have been helpful.

I have dealt with two management groups in my career. First, Frank Lorenzo,Phil Bakes and Joe Leonard. Second, Herb Kelleher, Colleen Barrett and Gary Kelly. I like Herb,Colleen and Gary more, but I also fear pissing them off much,much more....they are infinitely smarter than the first three jerks. Take it for what it's worth....

Well, at least we have one name in common. My sincerest hope is that I can come to feel the same way you do regarding the last three.

Nor does cattle car seating, no F, no clubs, and no international destinations to use miles.

I do wonder how successful SWA Hawaii flying will be given their seat pitch/service model.

Somebody better tell Fubi that someone hacked his account and made a pro Southwest comment!

Hey, I give credit where credit is due. SWA is emplanes the most passengers in DEN. And they did it in an amazingly short time. Bet UAL is still wondering what hit them.

"Your 11 year co-pilots are determined to get ahead no matter who they step on in the process"

I am an 11 year SWA FO (not by choice)

I would have voted yes to having AAI CPS who upgraded within 6 months, keep their seats (AIP 1)...how is that stepping on shoes?

AAI MEC voted AIP down

We do not know what is in the SWA SL proposal, but I had nothing to do with its creation.

Why do you and FUBI hate SWA FOs?? We were hired at SWA and have gained SWA longevity.

Why do you and FUBI hate SWA FOs?? We were hired at SWA and have gained SWA longevity.

Again, an opinion contrary to SWA groupthink automatically qualifies as "hate speech."

And AAI guys were hired at AAI and have gained AAI longevity. Then, the companies merged.

Why is SWA longevity superior to AAI longevity?

Why is SWA longevity superior to AAI longevity?

Because when I was hired at Airtran, I was not qualified to work at SWA. 2500TT, O Jet PIC, No Type, no degree. When I was Hired at SWA I had 7000TT, 2000 PIC, 737 Type, college degree. Yet my Airtran classmates will be senior to me because I decided to better my situation. Just saying!!!

Because when I was hired at Airtran, I was not qualified to work at SWA. 2500TT, O Jet PIC, No Type, no degree. When I was Hired at SWA I had 7000TT, 2000 PIC, 737 Type, college degree. Yet my Airtran classmates will be senior to me because I decided to better my situation. Just saying!!!

You rolled the dice, and you may lose out. You don't now take it out on your fellow Airtran classmates. Maybe they didn't want to leave ATL, or live in OAK. It was your opinion that SWA was better for you, when the others may have liked their current situation. That's the way it goes. If it goes to arbitration, see if you can go in front of the 3 judges and tell them that story, and maybe they'll shed a tear and put you as #1 on the total list!

Bye Bye----General Lee

I'm glad Genital Lee finally set the record straight on how this industry works. I'll be able to sleep better now.

Here's a clue Gen, Airtran got BOUGHT, and that's the way it goes.

Godspeed.

RF

, Airtran got BOUGHT, and that's the way it goes.

Godspeed.

RF

No dog in this fight, but ... I don't think that will factor into an arbitrator's decision -- if that's the road that's taken. It didn't with NW/DL.

Latest resources

Back