• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe because according to the DOT papers C360 acquired SAI and not the other way around. SAH is holding C360 which holds SAI. So maybe this whole seniority should be based on a different formula for the seniority list?

Possibly because some of the guys got an offer before the certificate was issued to the company...

Kalitta doesn't have a training bond if that helps make your mind up.

I fail to understand why any of the C360 pilots were given anything other than the first day of class as your hire date...

To have some from C360 list their date of hire based upon your inteview date is bad enough..., Let alone half of your pilots one way, and the other half by 1st class date.

I have never heard of any other airline utilizing a "date of interview" or "date of offer" as the DOH, ever... Are there any other examples of this...?

It's not up to SA to interpret C360 DOH dates. They were given to the individual crewmembers before any merger was ever announced. Every company has different methods of developing DOH and seniority. C360 happened to be different from SA. SA morally and perhaps legally should not attempt to change C360 DOH dates.

The 360 guys got SA a raise, bonus, better airplanes, 400s, scheduling,etc. SA should be grateful and return the favor in good faith instead C360 guys were slapped in the face by this absurd changing of seniority dates.

Remember there is always a consequence for an action Good or bad. In the short term very few SA guys may be more senior, but in the long term if this influences some C360 guys not to come over to SA then the current SA pilots will have to pick up the additional flying. I don't know how you cram more flying in when you are already on the road 20 days.

I fail to understand why any of the C360 pilots were given anything other than the first day of class as your hire date...

To have some from C360 list their date of hire based upon your inteview date is bad enough..., Let alone half of your pilots one way, and the other half by 1st class date.

I have never heard of any other airline utilizing a "date of interview" or "date of offer" as the DOH, ever... Are there any other examples of this...?
Let us ask US airways pilots what they think of the seniority list with the merged AWA. I have never heard of the acquired airline getting a bonus for being acquired. There are many ways of assigning DOH this is just one of them.

Possibly because some of the guys got an offer before the certificate was issued to the company...

Kalitta doesn't have a training bond if that helps make your mind up.

It does, and I have submitted my resume with success. I hope to join the next round of interviews in DEC or JAN.

Information based on hearsay. Seniority at Cargo360 has always been based by Date of Hire. For SAI to change seniority from date of hire to date of class start in the employment offer to C360 crew members and only those who have been there less than a year is the dispute. This only effects a handful of C360 crew members. This is also a violation of your own SACG contract. Read Section 1B:[FONT=&quot]Successorship.

I can't help but to believe this is a purposeful, willful attempt to divide the pilot groups.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
dutch,

Well it not going to be divided evenly since we only have 70 pilots and sai has over 200 know. sorry just being a smart A$$. im just pump that im not going over there.

Information based on hearsay. Seniority at Cargo360 has always been based by Date of Hire. For SAI to change seniority from date of hire to date of class start in the employment offer to C360 crew members and only those who have been there less than a year is the dispute. This only effects a handful of C360 crew members. This is also a violation of your own SACG contract. Read Section 1B:[FONT=&quot]Successorship.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can't help but to believe this is a purposeful, willful attempt to divide the pilot groups.
[/FONT]
Let me put it to you this way.

You are hired when you start getting paid.

"Swimming" in a hiring pool awaiting a class date is not the same thing as being hired, and that is the industry norm

Unless C360 was paying you while you were awaiting a class date (for months in some cases), then your not "working for them" yet, are you...?

I've had dozens of job offers in my airline career, but I never considered myself hired until I was geting paid to show up. What about the people that were offered a position at C360, yet failed to show for class, should they be placed on the list also just because they were "offered a position" on a given date...?

I don't care if C360 determined your senority based on how tall you happen to be, what matters is that the Southern pilots were good enough to offer Date of Hire, and as such, you should utilize the SAME criteria as we do when determining what that date is.

Anything else places our pilots at a disadvatage, and honestly opens up a can of worms if we ever have to go through a future merger, with a pilot group that actually has union representation.

Like I said, I've never heard of a reputable outfit using your "offer date" as your DOH. Feel free to provide some examples of any such airlines, so you and the rest of the C360 pilots seeking to maintain this unfair advatage do not seem so far outta left field.

The seniorty issue is moot whether we agree or disagree.

It's clear that the employment offer is take it or leave it!

How about you just say "Thank you" for the $10000/$5000, new scheduler, new airplanes, etc..

Cheers

Latest resources

Back