Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlapsFail

Smoke E'm if you got E'm
Most of the postings I have read regarding the working conditions at Southern Air are from last year. Can anyone give me an update on the pros and cons of working there..ie. average reserve time?schedule? how long IOE is? etc..any information would be appreciated.

your guess is as good as everyone elses. no one knows anything right now how QOL or schudule is going to be like, after both companys combine in Jan then ask again..

sorry,
pilotbrain

Currently:

You have to sign a $24,000 training bond before you start training.

You get no deadhead/positioning pay in your first year. A sure guarantee that you will be used and abused.

If you get fired "for cause", you owe the $24,000. Guess who gets to decide if it's for cause........wait for it.......yes, Southern Air. Oh, and the discipline/discharge section of the contract doesn't apply to probationary crewmembers.

If Southern Air furloughs you, you accept a new job with a real airline and Southern recalls you six months later...................you owe the $24,000 should you decide not to return.

Southern used to be a good job if you were unemployed. Now it's a good job only if you are UNEMPLOYABLE.

A LOT is changing right now, to be honest, if you wait a little bit you will probably get better information than relying on whatever anyone tells you right now.

Best I can say is that it looks like things are moving in a positive direction. When the info is made public, then I promise to post it on here.

Southern Air is what you make of it. It depends on where you are coming from. If you want to build time and see new places it is not so bad. I have not been used and abused. I am going to upgrade next month which is only one year. Not to bad. Training bond sucks for sure. Not a good deal unless you have no other options. Things are in limbo right now with the merger. No hard details right now. Should be coming soon. There is no reserve time though. You will get a line right after OE. It might not be a good one, but it is flying. I think tht it is going to get better here. I have been wrong before though. Good luck what ever you decide.

Southern Air is what you make of it. It depends on where you are coming from. If you want to build time and see new places it is not so bad. I have not been used and abused. I am going to upgrade next month which is only one year. Not to bad. Training bond sucks for sure. Not a good deal unless you have no other options. Things are in limbo right now with the merger. No hard details right now. Should be coming soon. There is no reserve time though. You will get a line right after OE. It might not be a good one, but it is flying. I think tht it is going to get better here. I have been wrong before though. Good luck what ever you decide.

I've seen a lot of your planes and I have always wondered about where you fly etc. Can you give me an example of a line for a month--where you would go etc? Give me a typical line or something you have done recently. Thanks a lot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Most of what SAI does involves taxiing the acft. Taxi out for T.O.....Uh oh, got a mx problem. Taxi back to chalks.

Latest resources

Back