• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dakota just to clear things up... Cargo360 established our DOH dates way before any mention of a merger with SA. DOH was not determined by the date of a job offer it was determined by the date you accepted the job offer with a signature. There was never a hiring pool. The reason DOH was done this way was to eliminate age discrimination. If you actually looked at the original list you would see that there were classes with individuals in the same class with dates that varied by up to a week. This is because they did not accept employment right away and was penalized with a lower DOH date. I'm under the impression that SA thinks C360 was changing their DOH dates for increased seniority at SA, but that is absolutely false.
How you established your senority for your own purposes is unimportant to this issue, since our pilot group was good enough to give you a date of hire merger with our list, and it is only right and fair that you use the same method we (and every other airline I know of) use to determine DOH.

But fair is not the issue here. What mattered most to Southern is to entice as many of your Captains as possible. And as such, accepting this strange and unconventional manner to determine the date of hire was pushed through, to place a nnumber of your more senior people ahead of Southern Captains who had been flying the line well before your company's first proving run.

So just count yourself lucky that this senority leap was "thrown in" with the rest of the incentives, and stop trying to convince anyone, that it was anything else.

Blue Skies.

The incentves were negotiated by Cargo360 management and they felt it was only fair for SA guys to get it also, which I totally agree with. Mr Neff told our CEO and Oak Hill that it was way too much to give the pilots, but our CEO made sure they were kept in tact.

SA can do whatever they want to do with the seniority integration, but don't call it DOH because it's not.

For the record I'm not making the cross over, but I wish both groups the best. I have been just trying to make the point that C360 has done a lot for the SA group and it would of been classy to follow DOH like it was originally advertised.

Fly Safe

The incentves were negotiated by Cargo360 management and they felt it was only fair for SA guys to get it also, which I totally agree with. Mr Neff told our CEO and Oak Hill that it was way too much to give the pilots, but our CEO made sure they were kept in tact.

SA can do whatever they want to do with the seniority integration, but don't call it DOH because it's not.

For the record I'm not making the cross over, but I wish both groups the best. I have been just trying to make the point that C360 has done a lot for the SA group and it would of been classy to follow DOH like it was originally advertised.

Fly Safe

With a background like yours I would apply to Delta ASAP! Delta likes MAC pilots.

Latest resources

Back