Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did somebody at Southern pee in your cornflakes...? :rolleyes:

Been there over two years, had only one return to the gate.

Not calling Southern a Shangri-la, but it's not as bad as you enjoy making it sound.

It's non-sched international freight operation running under supplemental rules... WTF do you expect it to be like...?

Most of your complaints about Southern sound as out of place, as would a corporate pilot complaining about having to be "on call"...

It's the nature of the job. Southern + cargo flying in general is not for everyone, but it suits some people just fine.

Now that we have established that you really don't like this company, can we stick to writing information that is useful (to those who might prefer it over sitting in some crash pad or are stuck flying a barbie jet)...?

Thanks

Last edited:
Well said.

Did somebody at Southern pee in your cornflakes...? :rolleyes:

Been there over two years, had only one return to the gate.

Not calling Southern a Shangri-la, but it's not as bad as you enjoy making it sound.

It's non-sched international freight operation running under supplemental rules... WTF do you expect it to be like...?

Most of your complaints about Southern sound as out of place, as would a corporate pilot complaining about having to be "on call"...

It's the nature of the job. Southern + cargo flying in general is not for everyone, but it suits some people just fine.

Now that we have established that you really don't like this company, can we stick to writing information that is useful (to those who might prefer it over sitting in some crash pad or are stuck flying a barbie jet)...?

Thanks

Hey, really sorry guys! Didn't realize someone would be so personally offended!

New rule, never post on a BB after drinking two scotches.

Anyway, it was meant to be humorous. Not a stab at SAI. Have a lot of friends who work there. Thats where my info comes from.

But I have to ask dakotaHC8, looking at some of your previous post, are you a chick? Or do you just act like one?

Another scumbag freight operator that has to indenture their aircrews with a training bond in order to keep them from bolting to the door when they find the real score on the outfit.

Sorry, but I really disagree with some of what has been said here. Most of the guys who say Southern is an okay "non-sked" operation were hired long before the training bond was introduced. If you are desparate to get away from the crash pad or the barbie jet and fly the jumbo, THERE ARE MANY BETTER PLACES TO GO THESE DAYS......WITHOUT BECOMING AN INDENTURED SERVANT!!

I think Kalitta, with their new contract, is a much better place than Southern. Really, any place without the bond is a better career move.

But I have to ask dakotaHC8, looking at some of your previous post(s), are you a chick? Or do you just act like one?
Why, you hard up for a date or something...?

You should try that Eharmony site (that they advertise on TV all of the time). You can find the whiny primadona that is most alike, and compatible with your personality.

But thanks anyways for all of your secondhand + heresay info... Stuff like that is what makes internet boards what they are, instead of what they could be.

Now, you mind if we get back to talking about Southern, instead of your love life...?

I had a friend that wanted to come to 360, i told him that sai was the place to interview. He interviewed there in the past week and ask about the training bond and was told there wasn't one anymore..

He interviewed there in the past week and ask about the training bond and was told there wasn't one anymore..

The class that started in MIA just over three weeks ago was forced to sign the bond. Maybe the situation is changing because they were only able to fill half the seats in that class.

Has anyone else interviewed in the past week?

Latest resources

Back