• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is ridiculous. Its the 22nd of the month and I still have no idea what Im doing next month. At least with line bidding we knew what our schedule was for the majority of the month on the 15th.

I got reunions, birthdays, and summer trips that I need to either commit to or decline...

How about I just show up a couple days late for work next month?

As a former PBS instructor at another carrier, its been my experience that when an individual's award is so out of the ordinary that they get reserve, 99% of the time its operator error. And the majority of those are because of too many constraints. A person builds so many constraints in their bid, that the program can't build them a line. Most of the time its just seniority.

Of course, as has been stated before, GIGO. You have to have reasonably decent pairings to begin with, and that's where ALPA needs to be proactive: Get to the pairings before they are loaded into PBS.

If ASA has PBS instructors, get a hold of one and go over your bid. You may find that what you wanted, and what you actually told the program you wanted are two very different things.

Then again, its ASA...

I'm not gonna say it again...I BID CORRECTLY.

There was NOTHING more i couldve done...please read the original post.

Esplain me then where is the button that does the following:

'If I'm two minutes short of the credit window, please, please for the love of Pete don't give me an extra 20hr. four-day trip, and for the sake of Zoroaster please don't put me back on reserve.'

What a piece of junk

Latest resources

Back