• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there are enough pairings left to build u a line, PBS will do so. If not the system will move to the next pilot with pre existing credit in an attempt to build them a schedule.

This is exactly what happens folks. Pre-existing credits trump seniority at a certain point in PBS. Enjoy!

I dont have any problem with the "lucky lineholder" system in PBS. I dont consider it trumping seniority just because someone junior with pre assigned credits gets a line. At least it gives reserves a break couple times a year when you have pre assigned credits.

Now a CAL style globalized PBS system, thats what I call trumping seniority

This is exactly what happens folks. Pre-existing credits trump seniority at a certain point in PBS. Enjoy!

How can u say that, the computer reaches a certain point where it does not have enough pairings to complete a full schedule then moves on. How can u say that does not honor senority , it awards everything in senority order. What don't u understand, or please explain how this does not honor senority.

PBS is doing exactly what it is supposed to do with "lucky" line holders or reserves . Use every avaible pairing to complete as many schedules as it can. That is what makes the system efficient for the company. Less reserves, less opentime to cover. 777 is right about a nice break from reserve as well, and it DOES NOT COME AT THE EXPENSE of a SENIOR LINE HOLDER!

So a guy with pre-assigned credits should get a line before someone senior to him, just because PBS can build him a schedule easier. Ok got it...and Ive explained this also...we don't need another explanation.

Why not award the more senior guy a partial line? I've seen junior guys with vacation get awarded lines with credit lower than the min credit window...why not do that for the more senior person?

One simple question leaving how Prefbid works aside....

How is someone junior to me getting a line honoring seniority?

Lets look at the definition of seniority..

Seniority - priority, precedence, or status obtained as the result of a person's length of service, as in a profession, trade, company, or union: First choice of schedules will be given to employees with seniority.

Someone junior to me getting a line that I prefer to have is NOT seniority.

So a guy with pre-assigned credits should get a line before someone senior to him, just because PBS can build him a schedule easier. Ok got it...and Ive explained this also...we don't need another explanation.

Why not award the more senior guy a partial line? I've seen junior guys with vacation get awarded lines with credit lower than the min credit window...why not do that for the more senior person?

One simple question leaving how Prefbid works aside....

How is someone junior to me getting a line honoring seniority?

Lets look at the definition of seniority..

Someone junior to me getting a line that I prefer to have is NOT seniority.

1. PBS is not awarding that a schedule because it's easier, it's awarding a schedule because it's actualy possible to do so.
2. Our contract does not provide for partial lines.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back