• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
geeus tapdancing christ no kidding. Its being rerun for our pleasure....Is it true the XJT pilots already have their final august schedules??

65%ish (hard line holders) get their schedules in the first week of the month and then get to trip trade to improve it in the Initial Line Improvement Window around the 15th. The rest of the pilots get their schedules just prior to the last week of the month.

No, he's not incorrect. You still need to build yourself up to 75 hours, and if you are not senior enough to get that in 2 high credit trips then you did not bid properly. The bottom of the window is 65, but it will try to get you to 75.

Also, how senior are you in your seat?

No he IS wrong. I did not bid properly? Wtf?!?

I purposely have an extra "last stand" bid sheet that has nothing on it but "Bid all pairings before reserve" & "allow single days off"....How in the name of Sure deodorant did i not bid properly???? I put this info in the first post...did you not even read the first post in this thread?

That's a rhetorical question...don't waste your time trying to answer it. I DID bid correctly...the system has a major flaw...my seniority got donkey punched...end of story.

No he IS wrong. I did not bid properly? Wtf?!?

I purposely have an extra "last stand" bid sheet that has nothing on it but "Bid all pairings before reserve" & "allow single days off"....How in the name of Sure deodorant did i not bid properly???? I put this info in the first post...did you not even read the first post in this thread?

That's a rhetorical question...don't waste your time trying to answer it. I DID bid correctly...the system has a major flaw...my seniority got donkey punched...end of story.

Did the guys junior to you that got a line have vacation? Do you have a training event in August? BTW, you should have 3 bidsheets, there's no reason not to use all 3.

CaribPilot, what's this I hear about you getting awarded reserve? Did you not bid all remaining pairings before reserve? :confused:

I had vacation in July, only needed two 4 day trips and I was FORCED on reserve. Went to the ALPA office directly to see if I messed up my bid somehow. I was told I did NOT mess up my bid, but that I was FORCED on reserve because I was so junior and for July reserve was required to be at least 12%. I said WTF
?!? And it was explained to me that 7 other pilots senior to me were ALSO forced on reserve because the min reserve percentage starts at the bottom of the seniority list and works upward. It doesn't matter if you have 70 credits BEFORE the bid and only need 5, if you are in the bottom 12% you are getting reserve.

I had vacation in July, only needed two 4 day trips and I was FORCED on reserve. Went to the ALPA office directly to see if I messed up my bid somehow. I was told I did NOT mess up my bid, but that I was FORCED on reserve because I was so junior and for July reserve was required to be at least 12%. I said WTF
?!? And it was explained to me that 7 other pilots senior to me were ALSO forced on reserve because the min reserve percentage starts at the bottom of the seniority list and works upward. It doesn't matter if you have 70 credits BEFORE the bid and only need 5, if you are in the bottom 12% you are getting reserve.

And if you had line bidding the bottom 20% had no chance of anything and were getting reserve no matter what. What is the complaint?

Take a stand get your stickers from Hypoxik now!!!! Don't wait..You have them backed up in a corner already!

Call heads...........................NO TAILS !!!!.........TAILS!!!!!!!!!!!CALL TAILS!!!!!!!
So who won?

Company I bet!!

Latest resources

Back