• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's all about understanding the system....Kinda like income taxes....Learn the system or suffer the consequences...

You're implying that somehow i made a mistake by my lack of knowledge of the system. You are incorrect.

I admit, I voted for PureBull********************, but I was wrong. I was led to believe 75 hours was the norm but but for the 4th consecutive month I've been forced to bid 89 hours. I understand it's summer but with line bidding we still had 70 hr lines in the summer.

I have been VERY happy with PBS. Sounds like this is more the vocal minority, as 90% of the people I have spoken to about PBS like it.

Not to worry it will go by the wayside in a while. Expressjet guys don't drink the koolaid as much.

That will show 'em! Then the company builds the pairings and the lines! I can't wait to hear the b1tching then. Or, we could use the joint contract to make the improvements needed to PBS so that it works better for both parties.

I also ended up on reserve while people junior to me got lines. I had 4 days of training that conflicted with all of the trips that were left over that week. the low credit for training and the high credit window put me on reserve. I had select all remaining pairings and allow single days off. does this mean every year when i have training durring the high credit summer months I will get reserve? Never would have happened under line bidding.

Mission accomplished.

If you get screwed, your fellow "brothers" tell you to "learn how to bid". That is sometimes the reason but not always.

In the past you would have simply had 3 crappy 4 days and a 4 day training event. Now you get reserve. Congrats to the company. You got what you needed.

Unfortunately our mgmt can't "manage" their way out of a paper bag. Our labor costs have SKYROCKETED since implementation of PBS. The opposite effect they wanted. I GUARANTEE they will come after vacation low and then all you cheerleaders will see what the rest of us are talking about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back