• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a vacation month, you need to get above 65 hrs. 28 vacation credit hrs and 37 more hours. You cannot let the pbs find anymore pairing on your first bid sheet or it will keep adding them on your schedule until your to 75hrs or higher.

Make sure all other pairing cancel each other out and all remaining pairing are on bid sheet 2 or 3.

I have vacation for July. Two 3 day trips 66.7 hrs.

I have vacation and aqp in Aug. Got a 4 day trip and they had to drop almost all of the carryover trip, so I'm at work 9 days total for the month. Pretty junior too. They will be gunning for the vacation low in negotiations, you can bet on that. Don't give it back.

I'm one of the most junior hard line holders in my base (bottom 10-20 depending on the month) at xjt and consistently get lines with all crap 4 days over the weekends. With our system I'm able to trade to get all weekend days off (or most) and work mostly day trips and 2 days (I live in base). Crediting 100-110 hrs is usually never a problem, not even considering red flag pay. If I get a crap schedule with pbs will I be able to improve it like this?

In May my vacation turned my crap 4 day/weekend line in to 21 days off for the month at a 75hr guarantee. I then traded in our Initial Line Improvement Window to 23 days off/weekends off/1 and 2 day trips and still kept my 75 hr guarantee. Anything I picked up that month was paid on top of the 75 hrs at the applicable red flag rate. Again, with your system will I be able to improve my schedule like this?

If pbs can do this and more for us at xjt I'm sure we will consider voting for it. Proving to us it will be better than what we have will be difficult though.

Once ASA starts building your trips, you're not going to have 2 days and 1 days or 3 days to turn your 4 days into. They just won't exist. You're going to just have more 4 days.

Once ASA starts building your trips, you're not going to have 2 days and 1 days or 3 days to turn your 4 days into. They just won't exist. You're going to just have more 4 days.

You forgot to mention that trading trips out of open time is very rarely approved these days..

Welcome to ASA, guys.

We don't currently have 1 and 2 day trips. Pretty much all 4 days and standups on the initial line awards. The day trips and 2 days end up in open time when other pilots have conflicts and their trip gets broken up. Once in open time we can trade for these trips.

You forgot to mention that trading trips out of open time is very rarely approved these days..

Welcome to ASA, guys.

That's the point of my post. Why would xjt pilots vote for something that isn't as good or better than what we already have?

Welcome to the XJT contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back