• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Carib, I haven't seen your bid, so I can't comment on it specifically, but in general, those who insist they did every thing correctly, usually didn't...I was an instructor, and I've made lots of mistakes on my PBS bid...just saying

Oakum. There isn't one. Its a computer program, not a human. If your bid doesn't meet the parameters the program will do what it takes to fix it. It only knows that you need more time, and it doesn't discriminate between a local, two, three, or four day trip. If you know you're going to be 2 minutes, or even a minute short, rework the bid. Don't leave anything up for grabs.

happy with mine... got what i wanted

What I want are 75 hours and 4- 3 day trips. I haven't gotten what I wanted yet. That being said, I got what I bid for, but them lowering the window to 74.45 hours down from 88 really makes a difference in bidding strategy. That has to be stopped somehow!!!

Lesson learned: always bid a 75 hour credit threshold. No matter if those mo-rons set the bottom at 90 hours.

Block 76, credit 84, 16 days off.

I like PBS!

Anyone else figured out what happens when they stop letting us "adjust the window" BY ALMOST 15 HOURS for a solution? Ever wonder what it would be like if they had not?

It isn't written anywhere that they ever have to let us adjust the window by anywhere near this much. They are still trying to make us think this system has no fangs.

Does anyone really think they will continue to help us out like this if XJET signs off? Is anyone that dense?

-This system is the worst thing that has ever happened at this company. It gives our company almost limitless power to screw our QOL. Just because they haven't fully used that power doesn't mean they can't.

Last edited:
Anyone else figured out what happens when they stop letting us "adjust the window" BY ALMOST 15 HOURS for a solution? Ever wonder what it would be like if they had not?

It isn't written anywhere that they ever have to let us adjust the window by anywhere near this much. They are still trying to make us think this system has no fangs.

Does anyone really think they will continue to help us out like this if XJET signs off? Is anyone that dense?

-This system is the worst thing that has ever happened at this company. It gives our company almost limitless power to screw our QOL. Just because they haven't fully used that power doesn't mean they can't.

so find a rep, and use the expressjet guys to plug the leaks with their negotiations. I personally love PBS and talk to many others that do too. We have now had 5 months real time runs... so lets fix the gaps and move forward.

Seems that the only way around this is to bid your first bid sheet for 75 hrs, because it seems that the company can just do whatever it wants when it comes to adjusting the threshold. Then make the 2nd bid sheet for the advertised 88hrs or whatever it is. That way if the threshold stays up at 88 then it would just kick out the 75hr bid sheet. Seems f'ed up, but it looks like that's what we have to do till this turd is fixed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back