• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So ASA's PBS Couldn't Build Me A Schedule...It Dumps Me On Reserve...WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dulles caps had a credit window of 86-120 hours and a TLV of 96 hours. Even if you set your personal threshold at 60:00, the computer will add a two-day to the front or back of the ********************e four-days they construct.

PBS+ understaffing+ garbage pairings = you're screwed

We have no control over any of the above but praying for the grace of God in a coin flip

Cheesehead is right. Thats what I did. Bid sheet 1 built to 75 hours and bid sheet 2 built to 88 hours. I thought it would go to bid sheet 2 but to my surprise they lowered the credit window to 74. 17 days off and extended my July vacation to 24 days in a row. Some of you guys should ask your FA to help you bid.

I'm one of the most junior hard line holders in my base (bottom 10-20 depending on the month) at xjt and consistently get lines with all crap 4 days over the weekends. With our system I'm able to trade to get all weekend days off (or most) and work mostly day trips and 2 days (I live in base). Crediting 100-110 hrs is usually never a problem, not even considering red flag pay. If I get a crap schedule with pbs will I be able to improve it like this?

In May my vacation turned my crap 4 day/weekend line in to 21 days off for the month at a 75hr guarantee. I then traded in our Initial Line Improvement Window to 23 days off/weekends off/1 and 2 day trips and still kept my 75 hr guarantee. Anything I picked up that month was paid on top of the 75 hrs at the applicable red flag rate. Again, with your system will I be able to improve my schedule like this?

If pbs can do this and more for us at xjt I'm sure we will consider voting for it. Proving to us it will be better than what we have will be difficult though.

Just curious? Who flies all the crappy trips you trade away? Some pilot at your company has to do that flying. Or, does the Company just say, "Fishpaw thinks this is a crappy trip, we just want make anybody fly it."

Can every pilot at your Company do what you do? I doubt it. Good for you; you can trade your crappy trips. But in the end, some poor bloat has to do your time. I doubt every pilot has the same view of your system.

Your system want survive--I guarantee it. If it does, we better all be looking for other jobs because we will find ourselves in the same position you guys were in about a year ago.

Anyone else figured out what happens when they stop letting us "adjust the window" BY ALMOST 15 HOURS for a solution? Ever wonder what it would be like if they had not?

It isn't written anywhere that they ever have to let us adjust the window by anywhere near this much. They are still trying to make us think this system has no fangs.

Does anyone really think they will continue to help us out like this if XJET signs off? Is anyone that dense?

-This system is the worst thing that has ever happened at this company. It gives our company almost limitless power to screw our QOL. Just because they haven't fully used that power doesn't mean they can't.

First, stop the darn drama! This is not the worst thing that ever happened at this company. In fact, 90% would be in total disagreement with you! Stop it! The Boogie man is not out to get you.

If they were still buidling lines, you would be whining even more. You would be working down to min days off and they could cram more crap in a 5 pound bag. Do you have anything positive going on in your life? I hope so.

Last edited:
Just curious? Who flies all the crappy trips you trade away? Some pilot at your company has to do that flying. Or, does the Company just say, "Fishpaw thinks this is a crappy trip, we just want make anybody fly it."

Can every pilot at your Company do what you do? I doubt it. Good for you; you can trade your crappy trips. But in the end, some poor bloat has to do your time. I doubt every pilot has the same view of your system.

Your system want survive--I guarantee it. If it does, we better all be looking for other jobs because we will find ourselves in the same position you guys were in about a year ago.

That's an easy one to answer. Relief line holders and reserves fly those trips.

I'm not gonna say it again...I BID CORRECTLY.

There was NOTHING more i couldve done...please read the original post.

Just because you believe you bid correctly doesn't mean you actually did. That's like you telling everyone you are "cool". Or making up your own nickname. Have you spoken with the PBS working group. I have talked to lots of people who were in similar situation to what you described and through some discussion it was determined that it was operator fault for not fully understanding it, or for overlooking a detail. More then likely from what you described, the people below you had something else during the month like vacation or training that allowed preassigned credit and for whatever few pairing were left to be enough to build a schedule.

There is no setting in PBS that allows the computer to know who you personally are and award you crap out of spite because it thinks your a d-bag. It simply awards on logic and input from users.

Just because you believe you bid correctly doesn't mean you actually did. That's like you telling everyone you are "cool". Or making up your own nickname. Have you spoken with the PBS working group. I have talked to lots of people who were in similar situation to what you described and through some discussion it was determined that it was operator fault for not fully understanding it, or for overlooking a detail. More then likely from what you described, the people below you had something else during the month like vacation or training that allowed preassigned credit and for whatever few pairing were left to be enough to build a schedule.

There is no setting in PBS that allows the computer to know who you personally are and award you crap out of spite because it thinks your a d-bag. It simply awards on logic and input from users.

Yes but under line bidding this would never happen. I am on reserve next month in IAD while 6 people under me got lines. They had vacation and I had training and flew the last six days of this month. This two conflicts caused me to end up on reserve. Lower credit window and it wouldn't have happened. All you people who love pbs and think it can't happen to you. Just wait it can.

Spoke to a rep today who looked at my bid and confirmed it, even though i know i did nothing wrong...he said there is nothing else i could've done.

FOR THE LAST TIME....I BID CORRECTLY. I paid attention and learned the system before it went active.

Once again...my seniority was reduced to a whale poop. It certainly got donkey punched.

This ideology of "O it works great for me, you must've done something wrong" is really starting to grind my freaking gears.

Spoke to a rep today who looked at my bid and confirmed it, even though i know i did nothing wrong...he said there is nothing else i could've done.

FOR THE LAST TIME....I BID CORRECTLY. I paid attention and learned the system before it went active.

Once again...my seniority was reduced to a whale poop. It certainly got donkey punched.

This ideology of "O it works great for me, you must've done something wrong" is really starting to grind my freaking gears.

I'm guessing you didn't bid properly. Pilot error and all that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back