• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest talking pilot pay raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good question. Did you ask that when ASA and CMR were both owned by Delta?

About 2 years after Delta bought ASA they were already shopping them around for sale. You can't easily sell an airline if it has been merged with another airline.

That being said, the ASA and CMR MECs had agreed on DOH senority if the two lists were ever merged. Since I don't believe that SkyWest is looking to sell ASA anytime soon, it would make sense to merge the companies.

Have you ever got "reflowed" on a day off? At my company reflow and JM are two totally different things.
Reflow is an unscheduled change to a trip. It could be a change in the destination for an out and back or an extra trip tacked on during a long break. Typically a reflow would occur due to another aircraft having a MX problem or a crewmember getting sick at an outstation.
Anotherwords it's generally not a forecast situation, rather a response to an unforeseen problem.
In over 6 years it's happened a few times that I can recall. In some cases it can actually work out to your benefit. All depends.

Junior man is flying on days that you were not scheduled to fly.
Reflow is an unexpected change to your schedule during a normal work block.
Junior man is voluntary for us. Reflow is not.

When you get a chance you can explain how junior man and reflow are basically the same. Maybe at your company the terminology is different but where I work they are different animals.

From my perspective reflow doesn't occur often enough for it to be an issue for me personally. Unlike excessive junior manning reflows are seldom preventable. It's usually not a lack of staffing causing a reflow.

Trust me on this Dave, if you had ever been "reflowed" like I was you'd be a lot more concerned about reflows!!!

They're not going to be happy if a union comes. That fact alone may actually make matters worse for the pilots because management will see it as a betrayal of their relationship with their employees.

Who has betrayed whom? The pilot group? Please. Who has refused to amend (ie. undo the lower of the two rates for the RJ) the 18 month (in excess of three years worth; do the math. It was mid '03) TA? Us? No. It was SGU.

Who dangled many carrots in front of the pilot group just prior to a drive vote, only to say "well, we've got more pressing issues right now. Pay will have to take a back seat (read: throw a leg over each front seat, and hang on for the fu%^ing of your lifetime), and tell the pilot group at SKYW to pound sand? Us? No. It was SGU (each and every time).

Who shoved PBS down our throats? Us? No. It was SGU.

Is this the kind of relationship you enjoy?

AF :cool:

Last edited:
Who has betrayed whom? The pilot group? Please. Who has refused to amend (ie. undo the lower of the two rates for the RJ) the 18 month (in excess of three years worth; do the math. It was mid '03) TA? Us? No. It was SGU.

Who dangled many carrots in front of the pilot group just prior to a drive vote, only to say "well, we've got more pressing issues right now. Pay will have to take a back seat (read: throw a leg over each front seat, and hang on for the fu%^ing of your lifetime), and tell the pilot group at SKYW to pound sand? Us? No. It was SGU (each and every time).

Who shoved PBS down our throats? Us? No. It was SGU.

Is this the kind of relationship you enjoy?

AF :cool:

Thank you for "getting it"! Time for all you fencesitters to do the same!!!

Artic Flyer and Gr82av8, just curious if you have ever worked for an ALPA carrier before?

Artic Flyer and Gr82av8, just curious if you have ever worked for an ALPA carrier before?
As a SKYW current pilot, I will answer the question. I was employeed by Trans States '98-'00, I will be voting to bring ALPA on the property. Most of the nay-sayers on this board are new employees and serious kool-aid drinkers. I have seen the loss of work rules and lack of pay increases. SKYW makes millions in profit and we get PBS, "the bucket reserve system" and a long list of other QOL decreases in return.
Wake up
PBR

As a SKYW current pilot, I will answer the question. I was employeed by Trans States '98-'00, I will be voting to bring ALPA on the property. Most of the nay-sayers on this board are new employees and serious kool-aid drinkers. I have seen the loss of work rules and lack of pay increases. SKYW makes millions in profit and we get PBS, "the bucket reserve system" and a long list of other QOL decreases in return.
Wake up
PBR

Our MEC listed a "bucket" reserve system as a more attractive replacement for our current 2 hour non-accountable reserve system. This was touted as a victory for the ASA pilots.

What about the "bucket" system do you hate? We have never experienced it so we don't know what we are getting into perhaps?

Latest resources

Back