Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MELIT said:
Hey moron why would you post this here? "
Mark, is that you!? Hey man, if the original guy was a moron for posting this what does that make you for quoting it, thereby making sure even more people see it? If you're so proud of this new pay TA, why don't you want people to see it?

PBRstreetgang said:
Hey general tool,
See my above post, now go back to filling out that Home Depot application.
PBR

What? Oh, ok. Sure, I'll do that...Are you the manager of the Home Depot on your days off? That will make it easy. Oh, you said Wendy's? I'll take a double bacon cheeseburger PBR, and hold the mayo this time.....(Please thank again the 2500 captains that left Delta this year)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Russ said:
Gen
Could I get one of those app's as well please?

Russ,

If PBR says we need one, then we should get one. Think about it--you and I can show up to Home Depot drunk everyday, without getting "nailed" by the FAA, as long as we can spout about what is in "our aisle" at the Depot. Sounds like a great job... I will work in the paint area, and you can work in kitchens! Su-wheat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PBR will be the only one that succeeds in this industry, no doubt. So, what do you think of that pay increase chief? Will you vote it down? I think you are worth so much more than 1.95%. Oh yeah---at least 3%. Well, your company is doing so well---and thanks to Ronny Reber, you are "insulated" by high fuel costs. Genius!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
MELIT= uneducated idiot
FIXIT= same uneducated idiot

(Heck man, if you're going to register an alter-ego, at least use SOME imagination. Oh yeah, I forgot...that requires at least SOME intelligence.)

Go ahead. Feel free to use one of your clever comebacks and call me a "homo" or a "moron".:rolleyes:

I've been a member of ALPA for awhile now. I've also been Grievance chairman/member & Negotiating committee chairman/member at two different 121 carriers.

It sounds to me like ALPA (or any national union) would be good for Skywest pilots.

The myth I would like to dispell as it seems many posters have this in their mind is that ALPA (or any national union) just comes in with a superman cape on and fix all of the problems for a pilot group. The most important element of ALPA are the local MEC's. These MEC officers come from within your pilot group. Your union (whether ALPA or teamesters or whatever) will only be as good as your members make it.

Instead of thinking of ALPA as superman...if you think this you WILL be disappointed...Think of ALPA as your attorneys.
They represent you in front of the NMB, they will sit with you and advise you during your negotiations, they will advise you on what other airlines are doing. They will help you with contract language to get done what you want to get done. At the end of the day though, it will still be up to the pilot group to negotiate (negotiation committee) and enforce (grievance committee) their own contract.

The quality of the contract that will be negotiated for you by your negotiating committee & ALPA will depend on the strength & unity of the pilot group they represent
For those concerned about ALPA being more concerned about the majors, believe me I hear you (i've only worked at regionals), however, things at ALPA are in flux. In the next 1-2 years "regional" pilots will outnumber "major" pilots at ALPA. I predict the ALPA chief (sorry Duane) will be a "regional" pilot within the next 5 years.

United we bargain...divided we beg.

later...good luck

:cool:Just another REASON for you guys/gals to VOTE IN a UNION!!!!!!!
Man, how much crap does it take before you guys say ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!

Latest resources

Back