Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does this new agreement mean you'll get paid more to fly the -700 than you do the 50 seat model, or has that already happened??

I'm out of the loop!

You'd better start thinking about G)O)J)A)C)K)S sh!tty pay scales with their crappy rates are going to influence your mgnt to say they can't pay you more in order to compete as a united feeder!

PtP

Name calling and fingerpointing great....like the majority of pilots don't have enough to worry about these days. The post regarding pay for Skywest is done and overwith. Would you both please grow up. You two want to contiune bashing each other send it via private messaging.

You both work for the same company....who cares who pilots what aircraft...you're both pilots....and for that matter it makes no difference which seat you sit.

Regarding Unions...this will not solve all your problems. There will always be mgmt labor disputes, though having a union will protect your job under the work rules that are agreed upon more so than any work policy. Do you have any type of loss of medical or license protection? Do you have any type of representation for disciplinary actions? Are these offered with your current agreement? Ask the majority of airline pilots who is pro vs non and I am betting the majority will say it is a necessary evil. Also, your union is only as strong as you make it. This means you elect the best of best as your MEC and the pilot group sticks together. You look out for the best interests of each other not just "you", "yourself" and "no one else".

To all:
Volume 1 2 and 3 "flying the line". Read these books. Do your research and then inform those that are too lazy on the pros and cons. Give your opinion and influence those that will make a difference.

I did my research...Me...I am very pro union. Please do yours.

Regarding Skywest: This company has a chance to set the bar. To set the industry standard. Support your pilot group and by all means SUPPORT ASA.
Where as both companies will be run seperately ....for now...all work for the same company. Now is the time to bring back what Comair started.

Does this new agreement mean you'll get paid more to fly the -700 than you do the 50 seat model, or has that already happened??

Nope. This means diddly-squat. SkyWest pilots already foolishly accepted some horrible pay scales for bigger equipment. This is a half-a$$ed attempt to put the cat back into the bag. Instead of defining pay rates by seats, they would now be defined by type. Unfortunatly, all the bombardier RJ's are the same type. That means same pay for 50, 70, and yes, even 90 seat jets. Adding insult to injury, there is no end date for this slap in the face. Some good will come of this however, as I think the fence sitting pilots will now look favorably on ALPA. I would imagine that mgmt realizes ALPA is on the way, and are attempting to set the negotiating bar low. This is not the same pilot group that voted on the last "agreement". Contrary to what the General says, I predict this thing goes down in flames.

Andy Neill said:
There's a volume 3? Haven't read that one yet.

You're living it.

MELIT,

You make some great comebacks! TIC!!!!! And it is not "elts" but "else" like I have nothing else to say to you. Oh yeah, lay off the HOMO thing, it makes you sound like an angry 14 year old trying to sputter out any sort of insult in an irrational tirade, grow up!

Halo,

Thank you for posting this info, it needs to be brought to the attention of everybody so we can let our reps know that your group is ready to organize.

ALPA isn't everything and it is not an employment service. Many of the naysayers have issue with ALPA and scope. If the mainline carriers want it they can have it because it is their code, if they want to biff it up so be it. Honestly, looking at the past 5 years scope has done nothing but grow the regional industry to the point that it is hard to even call it regional, I don't think this is a good thing. Along with this come the bidding aspects that has f*cked things up royally for anyone trying to make this a career. This is what is about to take place at Skywest with ASA, WHIPSAW!!!!!! ALPA is not going to change the industry overnight but by getting a vote in at Skywest and getting ALPA on the property they will then make some ground to protect both groups from this dreaded weapon. These new pay rates you guys are moaning about are the tip of the iceburg and they will be crammed down your throat if you don't stand up and organize.

For you folks that think the status quo will prevail and that if you organize at Skywest you will ruin everything then that is your opinion. But it is an opinion that is based on nothing more than what SGU tells you. Look around, low-balling is the in thing, ruining lives to save a buck is how these airlines are operating, the status quo will not insulate you from that and if you think it will, well I dare say you're ignorant. But then again I think some of you, and all pilot groups have them, are willing to low-ball your way in to bigger equipment to get that PIC time or just enjoy doing what your doing even though it is for less. These actions put you just above a scab but you won't know the difference as you will be treated the same.

These pay scales should be a sign that the whipsaw will begin soon. If you reject it I can see something similar sliding across the negotiating table here in "candler land". Best of luck!

Cheers

labbats said:
Got it. But that still doesn't explain an entire pilot group saying that the amount of seats shouldn't reflect pay.
Alright La-whatever,
You are not paying attention, or are just dumb. One more time, The last company sponsored "T/A"(notice the quotation marks), was managment's attempt to legitimize the new pay scales as they are presented to the AT WILL pilot group. In case you did not understand "at will", Google will help there. The "vote" was conducted on company computers/server, monitored by company IT people and rubber stamped by SAPA, a company inspired and company funded tool to communicate with the pilots. The vote was ended 2 hours prior to the scheduled deadline (to update the servers software?), which allowed the company about 6 whole hours to negotiate the new contract with UAL, knock out all the details prior to the 8AM Wall Street announcment about the new long term deal. The "entire" pilot group had no say in the pay announcment. We are not collectively bargained and therefore have no alternative, except to work or not.
PBR

The COS Lawyer is no longer the President of SAPA. The SMF Lawyer is. I'm sure there is another Lawyer in the wings waiting to transition to management as well.
I have heard mention of ALPA cards...

skywest.alpa.org

Open, go to far right, down about a quarter of the page. It takes about a minute for the page to fully appear. From my understanding this is for alpa to determine if there is enough support to conduct a drive.

General Lee said:
Let's see here, how will they vote AGAIN? I predicted the last one---dead on. It will pass by a two thirds margin---again.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Hey general tool,
See my above post, now go back to filling out that Home Depot application.
PBR

Latest resources

Back