Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scangadah said:
Well, that is not going to happen. I just flew with a brand new FO that told me that he was "so happy not to be flying a 172 , he would not balk at any pay proposal".

How can ya argue with that logic?

New FOs get about a 25 cent raise. No profit sharing or incentive bonus. No retro pay. I can't think of ANY reason why a first year pilot should vote yes

PBRstreetgang,

The funny thing is that the general would probably be making more than at least half your pilots if he did take that home depot job. But he wouldn't be flying a shiny new rj around. Chicks dig that right?

Halo_RJdriver said:
Very well done. It's just more proof why the in-house country club doesn't work. All the SAPA reps are either worried about losing their management jobs or flying jobs. They contiually to refuse to look at the pilot group as a whole. When a Union is voted we need to ban SAPA workhorses from attempting to be at any and all future negotiations. There term is Over!!!!!!!!

Agreed

No argument there

Halo_RJdriver said:
Very well done. It's just more proof why the in-house country club doesn't work. All the SAPA reps are either worried about losing their management jobs or flying jobs. They contiually to refuse to look at the pilot group as a whole. When a Union is voted we need to ban SAPA workhorses from attempting to be at any and all future negotiations. There term is Over!!!!!!!!
There are some very vocal pro-union guys on the skywest boards. hopefully some of them would like to represent us when we get alpa. sapa is just a management training camp

you guys are stupid if you try and vote in ALPA..... just step back for a min... after we (CMR) take the next round of pay-cuts, the 2nd highest paid regional pilot group will be a non-union carrier(SkyW). Look at all the ALPA and Teamsters pilot groups and how bad their pay is..great representation huh?...pretty obvious to me. Just remember the good with the bad. We here at CMR would love an inhouse.

jm2c

Waco

Wacopilot said:
you guys are stupid if you try and vote in ALPA..... just step back for a min... after we (CMR) take the next round of pay-cuts, the 2nd highest paid regional pilot group will be a non-union carrier(SkyW). Look at all the ALPA and Teamsters pilot groups and how bad their pay is..great representation huh?...pretty obvious to me. Just remember the good with the bad. We here at CMR would love an inhouse.

jm2c

Waco
I'd prefer in house at SKW but I think we'd have a better chance of that if we got a union first. There are too many people that would vote no for in house but yes to alpa

ASA and ALPA

viper548 said:
There are some very vocal pro-union guys on the skywest boards. hopefully some of them would like to represent us when we get alpa. sapa is just a management training camp

If any Skywest pilots have questions about life and or the union at ASA, just ask. There are several that are on this site.

I dont blame you for thinking this way. Without knowing the history of the last union drive which was for in house you cant know why this wont work on a first time around. First there just isnt enough money to run a decent campaign. No sources to draw on for accurate info. Not only did management plaster the company website where every new guy checks in for his trips with anti union...we are a family and will take care of you....just give us a chance to show you.....rhetoric but our own so called reps (Sapa) went on an all out missinformation campaign of their own supplied by management. Management also hired a slick marketing firm to come up with persuasive anti union garb aimed at the newbs who are just so happy to shed the 152's. Guess what? It worked really well. Vote failed miserably. The "18 month 70 for 50 rates" was conducted the same way. Bottom line is management gets a grin now when someone says the pilots wont go for this. If past performance predicts future outcome they figure they can shove about anything down our throats now. Just liven it up with a little marketing campaign, have the Sapa reps talk to all the newbs in groundschool....its a done deal.

Anyway the short of the long of it is that ALPA is the only organization that has a chance for success at a regional airline where frankly lots of info is required to educate a relatively young group who proves time and time again (due to the constant influx) to be relatively unsophisticated. ALPA wont solve all our problems but if youve been at Skywest more than a couple years you will know quality of life has been severely defficated upon and its gettin deaper....its just too easy now that management doesnt seem to care about moral they have screwed us and we quarter after quarter are still number one this and that. We have proved to them they can take anything and we will still keep them on top. The bucks got to stop and Alpa represents at the very least a tool to slow the erosion even if we dont get our Christmas wish list right away.

Wacopilot said:

jm2c

Waco

viper548 said:
I'd prefer in house at SKW but I think we'd have a better chance of that if we got a union first. There are too many people that would vote no for in house but yes to alpa

The problem with an in house union is lack of CASH. With 2000 pilot your dues would really cover not much more than a pizza party every month or two.

ALPA is more than a bargaining agent. They provide representation, aeromedical, legal, etc., etc. All services which would be non existent with an in house union due to lack of dues revenue. With out those services what good is the in house association???

Puck Mugger said:
The problem with an in house union is lack of CASH. With 2000 pilot your dues would really cover not much more than a pizza party every month or two.

ALPA is more than a bargaining agent. They provide representation, aeromedical, legal, etc., etc. All services which would be non existent with an in house union due to lack of dues revenue. With out those services what good is the in house association???

Oh yeah?

Latest resources

Back