Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "lawyer sapa reps" have all turned out showing their true colors as push comes to shove. Both D.A. and D.L. talked a good game when looking for election but now its pretty apparent they are just bucking for Chief Pilot jobs. D.L. times out at 60 pretty soon and is doing everything (including selling out his 2000 plus pillot brothers and sisters) to get his and his alone. Makes me sick. D.C. the Sapa "communication director" is even worse in my opinion. Funny how when its convenient to bash union drives he doesnt mind spouting off on his own personal opinions then when something as important as this p.o.s. T.A. is offered hes all tight lipped on his opinion. He knows its total garbage but hes after that chief pilot position in San Diego so wont say anything negative.....all of a sudden he takes the stance that he shouldnt give his personal view. Hes afraid that Brad Holt who he gave his login password for the Sapa forum too wont give him the promised position if he says what he really thinks. Total sell out and should be banned from any position that affects the quality of life and well being of those he should have stuck up for. Ask skywest pilots who D.C. is and if you ever see him out on the line spit in his miserable face for being so selfish and turning his back on everybody but his pimp that tells him where to go and what to say. Off the soapbox now....

Bluto said:
I guess we'll see. Hopefully not too much more.
Praying for a 100% NO VOTE.

Well, that is not going to happen. I just flew with a brand new FO that told me that he was "so happy not to be flying a 172 , he would not balk at any pay proposal".

How can ya argue with that logic?

Sedona16 said:
The "lawyer sapa reps" have all turned out showing their true colors as push comes to shove. Both D.A. and D.L. talked a good game when looking for election but now its pretty apparent they are just bucking for Chief Pilot jobs. .

I can tell you first hand that D.A. has NO intention of a CP job.

scangadah said:
Well, that is not going to happen. I just flew with a brand new FO that told me that he was "so happy not to be flying a 172 , he would not balk at any pay proposal".

How can ya argue with that logic?

Did you slap him? :D

Maybe so but its already been verified that the other two Daves have and are. D.A. seemed the most level headed of the bunch but now after months of no information he comes out with this and his opening statement: "Sapa is pleased to...bring you this" (paraphrase). Hard to reconcile his election rhetoric with this proposal. Have some backbone D.A. and integrity to just come out and say management NEVER bargained in good faith and this proposal sux....period...end of story. Why would he not do this in light of what is being offered? It comes down to not wanting to upset "The Man" more than not wanting to upset the pilots he purports to represent. A reasonable human being has to question D.A. loyalties for manuevering in such elusive ways and not stating the case for what it is.

scangadah said:
I can tell you first hand that D.A. has NO intention of a CP job.

Sedona16 said:
Maybe so but its already been verified that the other two Daves have and are. D.A. seemed the most level headed of the bunch but now after months of no information he comes out with this and his opening statement: "Sapa is pleased to...bring you this" (paraphrase). Hard to reconcile his election rhetoric with this proposal. Have some backbone D.A. and integrity to just come out and say management NEVER bargained in good faith and this proposal sux....period...end of story. Why would he not do this in light of what is being offered? It comes down to not wanting to upset "The Man" more than not wanting to upset the pilots he purports to represent. A reasonable human being has to question D.A. loyalties for manuevering in such elusive ways and not stating the case for what it is.

I cannot answer for the other two Daves. You raise very valid points about the PRES. I cannot answer those questions. I can only comment on D.A.'s aspirations for a CP job.

Of course it is really easy to sit here, somewhat anonymously and say, "hey SGU, up yours". But when you get into the meting room and SGU says here is what you get, now get out (paraphrasing, I have no idea how they go) The options are numbered. Please, before you all incinerate me, I am not sticking up for this POS TA at all. Just Defending D. A.'s integrity as a fellow pilot.

scangadah said:
I cannot answer for the other two Daves. You raise very valid points about the PRES. I cannot answer those questions. I can only comment on D.A.'s aspirations for a CP job.

Of course it is really easy to sit here, somewhat anonymously and say, "hey SGU, up yours". But when you get into the meting room and SGU says here is what you get, now get out (paraphrasing, I have no idea how they go) The options are numbered. Please, before you all incinerate me, I am not sticking up for this POS TA at all. Just Defending D. A.'s integrity as a fellow pilot.

Well thats the whole point isnt it. These guys run knowing they will be going into scary board rooms which i believe actually turns into friendly dinners at the Ritz and management including Mr. Atkin himself being real nice and explaining the "weve got to be competitive" and you are one of the few people intelligent enough to recognize how we cant offer much right now but in a few years we are going to pay you all back. "Fact is we care greatly about you pilots and thats why we have to use tough love so that we can underbid all other carriers and help hire more of your pilot friends....we are counting on you to help some of your less understanding pilot brothers see the light as they dont have your intelligence. Hey theres miss Atkin....she baked you some cookies to welcome you to your new position. Btw we arent using the house boat this week if you have any time why dont you take the family down...wait, ill call scheduling myself...."

Sedona16 said:
Well thats the whole point isnt it. These guys run knowing they will be going into scary board rooms which i believe actually turns into friendly dinners at the Ritz and management including Mr. Atkin himself being real nice and explaining the "weve got to be competitive" and you are one of the few people intelligent enough to recognize how we cant offer much right now but in a few years we are going to pay you all back. "Fact is we care greatly about you pilots and thats why we have to use tough love so that we can underbid all other carriers and help hire more of your pilot friends....we are counting on you to help some of your less understanding pilot brothers see the light as they dont have your intelligence. Hey theres miss Atkin....she baked you some cookies to welcome you to your new position. Btw we arent using the house boat this week if you have any time why dont you take the family down...wait, ill call scheduling myself...."

Very well done. It's just more proof why the in-house country club doesn't work. All the SAPA reps are either worried about losing their management jobs or flying jobs. They contiually to refuse to look at the pilot group as a whole. When a Union is voted we need to ban SAPA workhorses from attempting to be at any and all future negotiations. There term is Over!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back