Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pinkbush said:
HALO_BRO DRIVER....

You need to watch the "R" word man. People are offended by your use of it. Dont be shocked to find yourself in the penalty box or completely banned from these forums. Clean it up.

and 'pinkbush' isn't offensive to some people?

amcnd said:
If SkyWest votes YES to ALPA. They are also voting Yes to DOH with ASA..

NO NO NO!!! You have no scope clause so Skywest holdings can operate two entirely separate companies. You'll be whipshawed to death but will not be combined.

Good luck. Go union.

amcnd said:
If SkyWest votes YES to ALPA. They are also voting Yes to DOH with ASA..
Hey Primate breath,
By the way, nice company id photo. If SKYW pilots choose ALPA it would be a vote for ALPA mediated merger if that were to happen. You really should research before posting, that's what the opposable thumbs are for. I know you thought those thumbs were for sticking in your butt, thats just a side benefit.
PBR

Teamsters -vs- ALPA

Jimdandy said:
Holy....what a slap in the face Bam y'all need to get a union and I mean right quick hopefully all your newbie kool-aid drinkers will vote it in.

Well, for once in my lifetime, I would hope to see all you young pilots please pick carefully. ALPA certainly hasn't done anything for anyone as far as I have been around. Just look at what they did to TWA! Why do you think MESA is at the bottom! How about Eagle with a 16 year contract and flowbacks that screw everyone below them! And most recently, they just left Trans States to dogs too! ALPA seems to be about quantity over quality. Membership over protections. Not good. Teamsters, on the other hand, seem to be a good bet. They approach everything just the opposite of ALPA. No under the table sweetheart deals with management. They have the best contracts in the regional industry, Horizon being the lead. NetJets isn't bad either. Chatauqua has great bennies, even though the pay could be better. Even with the bennies, it puts their contract up there with the above average contracts. I would challenge everyone to take a good look at the Teamsters. If you think they are no better than ALPA, I would think that you would find that they were at least the better of two evils. Let's see who will be next...

21stDustDevil said:
Well, for once in my lifetime, I would hope to see all you young pilots please pick carefully. ALPA certainly hasn't done anything for anyone as far as I have been around. Just look at what they did to TWA! Why do you think MESA is at the bottom! How about Eagle with a 16 year contract and flowbacks that screw everyone below them! And most recently, they just left Trans States to dogs too! ALPA seems to be about quantity over quality. Membership over protections. Not good. Teamsters, on the other hand, seem to be a good bet. They approach everything just the opposite of ALPA. No under the table sweetheart deals with management. They have the best contracts in the regional industry, Horizon being the lead. NetJets isn't bad either. Chatauqua has great bennies, even though the pay could be better. Even with the bennies, it puts their contract up there with the above average contracts. I would challenge everyone to take a good look at the Teamsters. If you think they are no better than ALPA, I would think that you would find that they were at least the better of two evils. Let's see who will be next...

Focus everyone (SKW), this is an intelligent statement. Look around you and watch the destruction of ALPA. I believe in representation, but dont dig your own grave as many have done in the past. SKW is a great company only to be ruined for all if ALPA is voted in. The results of ALPA are all around you. Do you want a lifestyle like that?

Has anyone here worked with both teamsters and alpa? Please chime in with what you saw as the differences between the two. I would really like to hear from someone who volunteered with both groups, thereby seeing wich national level organization was the best for a regional level pilot.
The end results of the contract have more to do with your local representation, than with your national affiliation. It is pretty easy to look up the results of the CBA's. Horizons pay scales may be a result of a strong local that got good results despite their national support. The same could be said for Air Wisconsin's last good contract. I think it is too simplistic to point to a couple of contracts and say with any certainty which union is better. So, if any of you have worked with both unions, and had first hand interaction with both, I would love to hear your comments. Were both national level groups supportive? Any concerns with either group?

Don't forget that new hires are now getting paid while in training. How about some retro pay for those of you that had to suffer through training for a couple of months with Zero income? How's that make you feel? I don't think it would be warm and fuzzy? How about you go buy your own Jepps huh that's a good one.

Latest resources

Back