Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Pay Proposal........nice Slap In The Face.......lets Flush It Down!!!

• Thread starter Halo_RJdriver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, yeah, with our in-house union. I'd imagine 2% of your pilot's pay is enough to run a respectable union. The last drive we had (in-house) had serious funding problems. It wasn't terribly comforting to think that the lawyers who would represent our pilots to the FAA should it come to that, would be union volunteer line pilots working on their off time, for example.

Bluto said:
Well, yeah, with our in-house union. I'd imagine 2% of your pilot's pay is enough to run a respectable union. The last drive we had (in-house) had serious funding problems. It wasn't terribly comforting to think that the lawyers who would represent our pilots to the FAA should it come to that, would be union volunteer line pilots working on their off time, for example.

Let me rephrase.

Any regional carrier, regardless of pay rates could generate enough dues revenue to accoplish much of anything.

ALPA is an association of organized bargaining units and as such has the revenue to operate in such a manner that provides services to all members. Call it economy of scale if you like.

ALPA certainly has its' issues. When push comes to shove, they are better than anything else going for pilots. The support from the aeromedical division is priceless. I can attest first hand. Try fighting the FAA on your own over a medical issue and see how well things turn out. Or is you get hauled into the CP office and summarily dismissed who do you turn to with an in house union.

It is about collective power. That is the benefit of the union.

Sedona16 said:
The "lawyer sapa reps" have all turned out showing their true colors as push comes to shove. Both D.A. and D.L. talked a good game when looking for election but now its pretty apparent they are just bucking for Chief Pilot jobs. D.L. times out at 60 pretty soon and is doing everything (including selling out his 2000 plus pillot brothers and sisters) to get his and his alone. Makes me sick. D.C. the Sapa "communication director" is even worse in my opinion. Funny how when its convenient to bash union drives he doesnt mind spouting off on his own personal opinions then when something as important as this p.o.s. T.A. is offered hes all tight lipped on his opinion. He knows its total garbage but hes after that chief pilot position in San Diego so wont say anything negative.....all of a sudden he takes the stance that he shouldnt give his personal view. Hes afraid that Brad Holt who he gave his login password for the Sapa forum too wont give him the promised position if he says what he really thinks. Total sell out and should be banned from any position that affects the quality of life and well being of those he should have stuck up for. Ask skywest pilots who D.C. is and if you ever see him out on the line spit in his miserable face for being so selfish and turning his back on everybody but his pimp that tells him where to go and what to say. Off the soapbox now....

Lot of hostility in that post friend.

I know D.A. personally and although we don't necessarily agree with one another on everything we debate our differences in a friendly manner. We see eye to eye on some issues and I find him to be somewhat of a pragmatist. He has gone to bat for some pilots at this company though and he's not the rollover that you make him out to be. I doubt that D.A. has a hidden agenda. He's on our side. Unfortunately he can't deliver something that SGU isn't willing to give up. To blame SAPA's lack of negotiating power on D.A. is shortsighted.

bmpilot2003 said:
oh yeah by the way melit thats 3 but whos counting right.

With no association with MELIT, I stand on my own as I call you a queer. You have shiny jet syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo_RJdriver said:
Melit you can vote for the latest pay proposal it doesn't bother me. Don't get so sensitive tough guy. Your the RETARD that wanted to start slapping people in the face. Bugger off and find a new thread.

HALO_BRO DRIVER....

You need to watch the "R" word man. People are offended by your use of it. Dont be shocked to find yourself in the penalty box or completely banned from these forums. Clean it up.

DB
Minus some of the obvious exagerations of the post, there is some truth to his characterizations. You're not the only one who knows DA, DL and DC

pinkbush said:
With no association with MELIT, I stand on my own as I call you a queer. You have shiny jet syndrome.
You mean he flies the 70 for 50 rates? Let the SJS thing die. The name-calling on here is getting ridiculous. Get a reasonable argument or go home.

It's been a while since I left, but it seems like you boys are still suffering from the same ole cr@p!

I'm tired of hearing about how SAPA has done you wrong, again...just bring a real union in already...jeeez!!

Wacopilot said:
you guys are stupid if you try and vote in ALPA..... just step back for a min... after we (CMR) take the next round of pay-cuts, the 2nd highest paid regional pilot group will be a non-union carrier(SkyW). Look at all the ALPA and Teamsters pilot groups and how bad their pay is..great representation huh?...pretty obvious to me. Just remember the good with the bad. We here at CMR would love an inhouse.

jm2c

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!

Latest resources

Back