• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, there is a list. Also, all offenders are having their photo taken. It doesn't sound like the jumpseat will be available to the offenders. I saw a link to the list so it should be easy enough to find.

If I can confirm this, then my jumpseat is no longer available to any United or CAL pilot....Game ON!

And yet no mention of the union brothers who will be doing the E170 flying out of EWR.

Which leads me to believe that Skywest pilots having turned down unionization on three separate occasions has a lot to do with that.

Which leads me to believe that Skywest pilots having turned down unionization on three separate occasions has a lot to do with that.

Is this about scope violations or about making a union statement? If it is about scope violations, then why aren't they going after Republic?

It's this very action by CAL ALPA that turns off many pilots....

The arbitration hearing deals with all 70 seat flying planned with the Continental code. Not just going after Skywest.

12/01/2010

CHICAGO PICKETING
More than 200 pilots from Continental, United and other carriers braved windy conditions and frigid temperatures to walk the line during informational picketing today in Chicago. The successful event, organized by the UAL MEC SPSC in coordination with the CAL MEC SPSC, came on the heels of well-attended events last week in Newark and Houston. All told, more than 850 pilots came together to stand united against management’s plans to continue and expand the practice of outsourcing flying to other airlines.

Management intends to use the CO code on flights from Continental hubs, using outsourced 70-seat jets, a practice the union believes is in violation of the Continental pilots’ current contract and an attempt by management to leverage a position in joint contract negotiations supporting further outsourcing of mainline pilot jobs. The Association and management have agreed to expedited arbitration on the issue and are scheduled to provide an arbitrator with information later this month. A decision by the arbitrator is expected before the end of the month, well prior to the announced start date of the flights.

Last edited:
Is this about scope violations or about making a union statement? If it is about scope violations, then why aren't they going after Republic?

It's this very action by CAL ALPA that turns off many pilots....

I don't know. That is why I posed my thoughts.

So this is strickly punitive. Not a scope violation after all...hmmmm.

I'm not very imaginative. Can you think of anything else?

The arbitration hearing deals with all 70 seat flying planned with the Continental code. Not just going after Skywest.

Does CAL ALPA have a list of Republic pilots for blacklisting like the rumored SkyWest list?

Personally, I don't see the pilots as the enemy. They don't control where they fly. This is between CAL ALPA and the the company. If the judges rules in favor of ALPA, and the pilots of Skywest or Republic fly it, then that's another story.

Latest resources

Back