SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BID

So what if the arbitrator goes against management ? Don't you think SkyWest should at least advise their employees the flying might not happen? I can't believe how many SkyWest employees are happy to fly out of IAH and clueless regarding our concerns. Looking forward to the picketing, at least it will bring light to this issue in a public way.

It is one thing if we voted on a JCBA and negotiated scope relief. At least then it would be our doing. It's a whole different situation when management violates our contract, while having scope restrictions in place.

Hope this flying never happens, it would be a huge win for all of us, regional and mainline pilots.

Can't wait to here a spiked hair iPod carrying Skywest pilot tell the CAL jumpseater "I'm glad I don't have to pay union dues..."

I completely understand your what ifs, but what if the CAL pilots had not allowed Lorenzo to bust their union? What if the CAL pilots (with their fellow pilot "brothers/sisters" in mind) had refused the planes, routes, gates and aircraft parts that Lorenzo transferred from Eastern? What if the CAL pilots refused to move into EWR when Lorenzo took over EAL's presence there? What if they had honored EAL's SCOPE and EAL's contracts that had been put in place? Maybe they could have helped put an end to the cancer that was Lorenzo. All of these things (and more) were done with CONTRACTS in place prior to and during Eastern's fight against Lorenzo and Texas Air. Do the CAL pilots of today hold the same contempt for their fellow employees that are sitting in the same cockpit with them now?

Nobodys excited about this flying here. Not that many pilots actually have IAH as their bid. The company is planning on filling the IAH vacancies with furloughed united pilots from the Nov 29th class and forcing reserves to fly this stuff by TDYing them. It'll be interesting to see how the CO pilots treat all of the furloughed UA pilots doing this flying.

I hope that something does happen to prevent this flying, which is a clear violation. But, it will be too late by that point. The CRJ-700 will be in IAH by Feb (Skywest) and the E-170s (Shuttle America) in EWR by Jan. These flights are already listed in SONIC.

I am an Express Pilot, and will be displaced sometime next year. Hopefully I will be with another airline by that point. But why do you think Skywest pilots are happy? They are getting displaced....To Houston!!! I bet it will go real junior. Maybe they are a little clueless about what is going on, but there are no winners in this situation here. Everyone, with the exception of the passengers and managment, will be disappointed. Hundreds of pilots who are just trying to get a little bit of a life will be displaced, from all different airlines. Hopefully we can work together and win one for this industry.

I hope that something does happen to prevent this flying, which is a clear violation. But, it will be too late by that point. The CRJ-700 will be in IAH by Feb (Skywest) and the E-170s (Shuttle America) in EWR by Jan. These flights are already listed in SONIC.

We are going into expedited arbitration on this issue for the very reason of never letting this garbage start. Once it starts, it becomes very difficult to cease due to Republic and Skywest being affected as 3rd/4th parties. Bottom line, there has to be an arbitrator ruling before a single 'United Express' passenger boards a CAL flight in EWR or IAH.

Nobodys excited about this flying here. Not that many pilots actually have IAH as their bid. The company is planning on filling the IAH vacancies with furloughed united pilots from the Nov 29th class and forcing reserves to fly this stuff by TDYing them. It'll be interesting to see how the CO pilots treat all of the furloughed UA pilots doing this flying.

Are you sure? Based on what I read all regional pilots are 500 hour wonder kids that have spiked hair (often frosted), an IPOD, and will step over anyone to upgrade right at 1500 total time. The flight time never really goes up either, they can work at the regional for 4-8 years and either way, they are still right at around 500 total time and never cross the age of 30. This even holds true if the industry has zero hiring for years at a time. Both seats are always under 30 years of age, have an IPOD, and also do not know what they are doing.

We are going into expedited arbitration on this issue for the very reason of never letting this garbage start. Once it starts, it becomes very difficult to cease due to Republic and Skywest being affected as 3rd/4th parties. Bottom line, there has to be an arbitrator ruling before a single 'United Express' passenger boards a CAL flight in EWR or IAH.

True, hopefully the ruling will go in our favor. From what I understand this section of our contract was written by a very capable individual. It amazes me our management is trying to pull this on us. BTW this is who we need to blame for this mess, "Jeff Lorenzo" and not the SkyWest pilots.

I sincerely hope there are no negative issues with the regional pilots. But I will not be surprised if there are. This is a very hot topic for us and some at CAL don't care who the hell SkyWest is. In their world, it is a non union airline coming in and violating our contract. On whose orders is irrelevant.

... you guys see how Delta is cutting regional jet flying? I think SkyWest management is salivating at the prospect of NEW RJ flying. Not going to happen, not on our routes at least.

Latest resources

Back