• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where can I find this info? I do fly for Skywest and would like to stay updated (outside of skyw emails) Some of us are fairly new to the industry (121) but have been flying for years in other areas. I would like to know how this plays out. Thanks!

Most SkyWest people I talk to have no clue this is going to arbitration. There was a SkyWest update a couple of weeks ago that ended with, "See you in Houston" No mention of arbitration, just that United had guaranteed SkyWest the flying is legal.

This is a big issue with CAL pilots. One of the reasons our past CEO left is he didn't want to deal with the merger, and didn't want to deal with scope relief. He knew it would be an ugly battle.

Most SkyWest people I talk to have no clue this is going to arbitration. There was a SkyWest update a couple of weeks ago that ended with, "See you in Houston" No mention of arbitration, just that United had guaranteed SkyWest the flying is legal.

This is a big issue with CAL pilots. One of the reasons our past CEO left is he didn't want to deal with the merger, and didn't want to deal with scope relief. He knew it would be an ugly battle.

Most Skywest people are oblivious to most things going on in the industry apparently. It will be great if the CAL guys win the arbitration hearing and show the CEO he has to follow the contract and that he had better reach a new deal with his pilot group.

Last edited:
Hey guys this is a serious question and no flame bait. The Cpt. I flew with today ( Union Guy) said that ALPA is collecting the names of guys bidding into IAH. And these guys will be black balled from ever getting a job at major with ALPA representation. Anyone else hearing this?

Yes, there is a list. Also, all offenders are having their photo taken. It doesn't sound like the jumpseat will be available to the offenders. I saw a link to the list so it should be easy enough to find.

Yes, there is a list. Also, all offenders are having their photo taken. It doesn't sound like the jumpseat will be available to the offenders. I saw a link to the list so it should be easy enough to find.

So where is the link?

ALPA does'nt care they will take money from anybody even scabs.

Hey guys this is a serious question and no flame bait. The Cpt. I flew with today ( Union Guy) said that ALPA is collecting the names of guys bidding into IAH. And these guys will be black balled from ever getting a job at major with ALPA representation. Anyone else hearing this?

Last I checked, nobody HAS to work in this industry. When entering this industry, isn't it well known that wages aren't great at the bottom level? If people didn't know this, then it is their own fault. Where are these poor FOs flying? Siberia? You think so. They can always leave if they can't put MEAT on the table more than once a week......Guess what Sport? Eventual new hiring rules will bring up wages (and jack up regional costs also) and help with those low salaries, because if the Regionals don't do that, they won't be able to find any newhires, period.

Managements have taken advantage of mainline groups by using BK and other means to strip contracts that were fairly done via collective bargaining. The UAL/CAL pilots are actually using their Ballz now and standing up for the industry in general, to try to stop outsourcing and it's undeniable result---lower wages and longer waits to get to the better mainline jobs. THOSE GUYS ARE STANDING UP TO MANAGEMENT RIGHT NOW. WAKE UP FREEDOM. The expedited arbitration will happen in the next 2 weeks concerning the obvious attempt to put larger RJs in current CAL hubs. Do they have 1 operating certificate, or two? IF they have two, then why are they going against the CAL scope clause that is still in effect until they get a joint contract? They are fighting that fight RIGHT NOW FREEDOM. The only reason CAL/UAL pilots don't have a new joint contract is because UAL management is stalling, knowing that scope is HUGE on the agenda. YOU NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION OR JUST STAY OUT OF IT. They are doing their best right now, putting pressure on management to secure more high paying jobs eventually.

BYE BYE---General Lee

That's right General, they can all just skip the entry level regional job and go right to DL or CAL!! Good analysis.

The CAL pilots aren't fighting, they are whining and complaining about Skywest pilots who have nothing to do with United/Skywest management decisions. I've run into a few professional CAL guys who understand, and a few morons that don't. I have friends at CAL who understand.

I genuinely hope that arbitration comes down in their favor, but when it doesn't, and the CAL guys don't walk, you'll look like a giant hypocrite just like the leadership at ALPA. CAL pilots will not walk out over this issue. Just watch. I will GLADLY eat my crow if they do. The United guys don't care and just want it over with. I've talked to several of them.

All of this BS about lists and photos and scabs is a joke. The CAL list is littered with REAL SCABS. Actual picket line crossing and flying struck work. Look it up. This is a fvcking joke.

Hey General

Why don't you spend some of your Hot Air correcting those that seek to use intimidation tactics against the weakest (financially) of their peers in the Industry, the Regional FOs trying to climb their way up the ladder.

I, as a former Union Leader, defended the Union against claims of BULLYING and INTIMIDATING, and yet here I see claims of lists of names being made (for Jumpseat Wars), and photos taken, to expose the "Offenders."

I applaud those who are trying to go through Legal Means to deal with United/Continental Management. But you are shooting yourselves in the foot with these childish games of lists and photos.

You Sir, need to Police your own to a much greater degree, so those of us that have done the Commuter route in a previous life, and remember how difficult it was, don't feel the need to jump in as I did.

Your silence in reference to the childish actions taken by your peers with regards to bullying Regional FOs, is borderline indication of your approval of such actions.

Police your own, and I (and others) will be happy to stay out of your business.

I for one, am done with this thread. Carry on.

Last edited:
Why don't you spend some of your Hot Air correcting those that seek to use intimidation tactics against the weakest (financially) of their peers in the Industry, the Regional FOs trying to climb their way up the ladder.

I, as a former Union Leader, defended the Union against claims of BULLYING and INTIMIDATING, and yet here I see claims of lists of names being made (for Jumpseat Wars), and photos taken, to expose the "Offenders."

I applaud those who are trying to go through Legal Means to deal with United/Continental Management. But you are shooting yourselves in the foot with these childish games of lists and photos.

You Sir, need to Police your own to a much greater degree, so those of us that have done the Commuter route in a previous life, and remember how difficult it was, don't feel the need to jump in as I did.

Your silence in reference to the childish actions taken by your peers with regards to bullying Regional FOs, is borderline indication of your approval of such actions.

Police your own, and I (and others) will be happy to stay out of your business.

I for one, am done with this thread. Carry on.

Hi, guess what sport? The new FAA hiring requirements (1500 min or specific college requirement) will LIFT regional wages, and that is a good thing. BUT, you can't go into an industry and expect the max in pay, and pay these days is a lot better than back in the early 90s when I started. I flew at the "commuters" too, and I made it out. It wasn't easy, but I didn't have kids or other costly items. If you do, then DON'T be a Regional FO. You need to have a dual income family to make that work, at a minimum. Your sad sack complaints about eating beans every day except a one to eat meat was quite frankly funny. Come on, go to McDonalds or Taco Bell if you need cheap food. If you are EWR based, commute from Allentown, it is a heck of a lot cheaper.

As far as other pilots using their jumpseats as weapons, I don't condone that, but it is their jumpseat, not mine. I wouldn't do that to someone if they needed a ride home. Again, read up on what is really going on please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back