• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you get my point. I'm sure it will take time to paint aircraft, replace ID tags, etc. But the bottom line (legally at least) is that the CAL entity really no longer exists. Also, I am fairly sure the flights talked about on this thread will be United Express flights flown in aircraft painted with United Express paint jobs. I have yet to see one of our Skywest/United Express 700's painted with Continental Express colors and there is zero chance that they would be painted those colors now.

Seriously, I can understand the frustration the CAL pilots feel but I also think they must have seen these and other changes coming with the news of the merger. I wish you all the best and hopefully the merger will lead to a stronger company, growth for the pilots, and an agreement on scope that will work out well for everyone.

You are pure evil. I want to move up and out of the regionals, but you are content to fly in the minor leagues because you wre dumb enough not to use protection with your middle school sweetheart and you now have kids and can't afford to leave. Shame on you. Always use protection! Guys like you ruin this industry.

Wow. Shall we go ahead then and pencil your name in on the Scab list then? Dooshbag.

Just use a pen. It's the same list that many of these Continental pilots are on. They will be familiar with it. You try to take my job, and I will take your job.

Just use a pen. It's the same list that many of these Continental pilots are on. They will be familiar with it. You try to take my job, and I will take your job.

But your job really is going away, whether you like it or not. I can't wait to get away from the regionals. What are you scared of? Probably the interview.

WOW this thread just died. I guess that means that it is still at status quo. Was there an injunction filed to stop this flying and if so any news on a ruling? So far all I've seen is some chest pounding from very junior CAL FO's but nothing of substance anywhere.

A couple of weeks ago it felt like maybe something was going to happen with this issue and then it just fizzled.

WOW this thread just died. I guess that means that it is still at status quo. Was there an injunction filed to stop this flying and if so any news on a ruling? So far all I've seen is some chest pounding from very junior CAL FO's but nothing of substance anywhere.

A couple of weeks ago it felt like maybe something was going to happen with this issue and then it just fizzled.

It's all going to expedited arbitration soon I believe. But, we all know that the new UAL CEO is trying to pull a fast one, bringing 70 seaters to CAL bases without a new contract or joint contract.

Just one battle in what could be a long war. Scope will not be bargained away. Scope is a huge issue and this is just a test to see how important it is to the CAL pilot group. I'd say 3 major picketing events along with an expidited arbitration hearing demonstrates the importance.

Trust me, this won't be the concession stand type negotiating that allowed the regionals to experience they growth witnessed over the last decade.

Arbitration starts on 12/15 with a decision no later than 12/30/10. This info is readily available for those with half a brain.

Latest resources

Back