• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if the judge rules in favor of CAL pilots, then I suppose company puts in 50 seaters, and tries to negotiate scope with CAL pilots at a not so distant date. If CAL pilots loose, then the 66 seaters will get there anyways.

I clearly see this an issue between CAL pilots and managment. Using the jumpseat, or a "list" is entirely useless. Managment here will, and can PS us there, and as such, CAL pilots having a grudge about the issue accomplish nothing going against the Skywest Pilot group.

Everyone's life is different, and you cannot judge the motives of those accepting IAH as a base. On my scale of priorities, the improvement of my family's QOL goes before your "scope", or "list". For others, they had no choice, managment had the say on it, and others are UAL furloughs who have nothing to do with this.

I surely hope you CAL pilot's win, because in the big picture of things, it benefits all of us in the future, protecting major airline jobs, and such.

I will never deny a JS from any of you, and If you deny me one, I will understand, and walk away, and have company deal with this BS they started. I understand your position, I just hope you understand mine also.

My best wishes to you all.

I didn't say that at all, someone had asked if CALALPA/UALALPA had a list of Republic pilots that were going to be flying the outsourced flying and I answered that we only have a list of Skywest pilots that voluntarily bid IAH. There was no commentary, no implied meaning, just a straight answer. I apologize for not including slander or rumors into a FlightInfo answer, it won't happen again.

I haven't seen a list of Republic pilots, but as far as I know they haven't announced a base in either EWR or IAH. The list that is going around Continental pilots is Skywest pilots that voluntarily bid IAH.

So what if Skywest wasn't planning on opening a base in IAH? Would that make a difference?

I don't think it would make a difference, we just wouldn't have a list of those voluntarily doing the flying.

I've heard of people starting the ball rolling with registering the offenders as scabs with ALPA. The list is just a starting point. If you ready the definition of scab, it includes those doing work for less than union wages or on nonunion terms, which some feel applies at this point.

Definition of SCAB

: scabies of domestic animals

: a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound

a : a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

: any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

external.jpg
See scab defined for English-language learners »

I don't think it would make a difference, we just wouldn't have a list of those voluntarily doing the flying.

I've heard of people starting the ball rolling with registering the offenders as scabs with ALPA. The list is just a starting point. If you ready the definition of scab, it includes those doing work for less than union wages or on nonunion terms, which some feel applies at this point.

Definition of SCAB

a : a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

: any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

external.jpg

Quite a few CAL pilots actually meet the definition of scab...Including their former MEC Chairman....YAWN......

Really, Joe has stated numerous times he would be willing to cross a picket line, We already know about his character. No need to beat this dead horse.

Really, Joe has stated numerous times he would be willing to cross a picket line, We already know about his character. No need to beat this dead horse.

I see in your profile that you flew an AVRO/BAE146....Who did you fly that 4 engine, 88 passenger jet for? I'm guessing it was Mesaba flying former Northwest DC9 routes...I see you were typed in it, so you were there a long time flying former Northwest routes....Yet another hypocrit throwing stones from a glass house...

Definition of SCAB

external.jpg

Curious, so if it doesn't make a difference, why isn't there the upheaval in Shuttle America doing this flying out of EWR?

By the way, according to your definition, many at Skywest fall in the 3b(1) definition thrice!

I see in your profile that you flew an AVRO/BAE146....Who did you fly that 4 engine, 88 passenger jet for? I'm guessing it was Mesaba flying former Northwest DC9 routes...I see you were typed in it, so you were there a long time flying former Northwest routes....Yet another hypocrit throwing stones from a glass house...

Sorry to disappoint you Joe. That jet was allowable with NW scope. It had 69 seats. It was not disputed work. In fact, during the Northwest strike in 1998, many of us worked at the union office and strike center to verify that struck work wasn't being flown by any other Airlink carriers. We honored their contract, and worked WITH Northwest pilots, NOT AGAINST THEM. Probably why they got a flow through with Northwest. The two pilot groups proved they could work together with a common goal.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you Joe. That jet was allowable with NW scope. It had 69 seats. It was not disputed work. In fact, during the Northwest strike in 1998, many of us worked at the union office and strike center to verify that struck work wasn't being flown by any other Airlink carriers. We honored their contract, and worked WITH Northwest pilots, NOT AGAINST THEM. Probably why they got a flow through with Northwest. The two pilot groups proved they could work together with a common goal.

Doesn't alter the fact that you flew a 69 seat 4 engine jet that replaced some mainline DC9 flying and now you are attacking Skywest pilots who are flying 70 seat UNITED EXPRESS flying that is allowed by United scope language....You are a hypocrite.

By the way, how many Mesaba pilots have ever flowed up to NWA/Delta? How is that CAL flow working now? Flowthroughs don't work...never have....

Latest resources

Back