• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I left way before the flow through. So I couldn't tell you. I know many express guys flowed to CAL, so your wrong again.

The problem with your logic is that while 70 seats Rjs are allowed (for now) in the UAL contract, they are not under the CAL contract. Of course that's for the arbitrator to decide. That's not the end of the battle. The real battle lies with the entire JCBA. Scope is a huge issue for the new UAL going forward. The reality is, you have no say. you get to fly what mainline contract will allow. Plain and simple.

I left way before the flow through. So I couldn't tell you. I know many express guys flowed to CAL, so your wrong again.

With Mesaba, I believe it something like 9 Mesaba pilots that flowed, and now it has been cancelled. The XJT flow was also cancelled. So was Eagle's. In every case, more mainline pilots flowed back then flowed up. The flowbacks come in at the top, while the few that flow up go to the bottom...Sorry not interested...

Jetjockey said:
The problem with your logic is that while 70 seats Rjs are allowed (for now) in the UAL contract, they are not under the CAL contract. Of course that's for the arbitrator to decide. That's not the end of the battle. The real battle lies with the entire JCBA. Scope is a huge issue for the new UAL going forward. The reality is, you have no say. you get to fly what mainline contract will allow. Plain and simple.

The problem with your logic is that you are ignoring the "complimentary carrier" section of your scope section. Go look it up. You do realize you have been putting the CAL code on 70 seat Skywest RJs and 76 seat USAirExpress RJs for over a year now don't you? Were those violations of the scope language?

Also, using YOUR logic, if you lose the grievance, then these Skywest pilots will be no different than you were at Mesaba...They will be flying in accordance with the scope section just as you were when you were at Mesaba...

Well Joe, that's the reason the expedited arbitration was set up. We'll just have to wait and see. Of course you seem to be a laywer with intimate knowledge of the CAL scope clause.

As far as the UAL side, yep.....it's allowable..........(for now) and I have to accept that. (thanks Judge Wendoff and Paul Whiteford). I've seen over 1,400 of my brother and sisiters get pushed to the curb while new kids fresh out pilot puppy mills take mainlne jobs for wages that are truly disgusting.

I'm not a hater Joe, but I'm fighting for what's rightfully mainline flying.

Well Joe, that's the reason the expedited arbitration was set up. We'll just have to wait and see. Of course you seem to be a laywer with intimate knowledge of the CAL scope clause.

So we have to wait and see if this is a violation, yet the CAL pilots have already found the Skywest pilots "guilty"...Kinda a double standard don't ya think?

Jetjockey said:
As far as the UAL side, yep.....it's allowable..........(for now) and I have to accept that. (thanks Judge Wendoff and Paul Whiteford). I've seen over 1,400 of my brother and sisiters get pushed to the curb while new kids fresh out pilot puppy mills take mainlne jobs for wages that are truly disgusting.

I'm not a hater Joe, but I'm fighting for what's rightfully mainline flying.

So were you a "new kid fresh out of pilot puppy mills taking mainline jobs for wages that are truly discusting" when you flew the 69 seat AVRO for Mesaba?

Sorry again Joe. I bet I made more in 1989 as a FO in the 19 seat metroliner than a present day RJ70 FO adjusted for inflation. Back then, you had to have real experience to get hired, you couldn't buy your first job like you did.

Keep up Joe

Sorry again Joe. I bet I made more in 1989 as a FO in the 19 seat metroliner than a present day RJ70 FO adjusted for inflation.

You're actually going to say that with a straight face? You actually think that regional contracts were better back in 1989 then they are now? I have most regional contracts going back to the late 80s, and the pay, especially for FOs is MUCH higher now.

In fact, the regional contracts have been improving since then while the mainline contracts have slid way back. When I hired on in 1994, the highest paid pilot at ASA could reach pay parity by his second year at mainline...Now it is 6-8 years for the top ASA pilot to reach pay parity at the majors....

So Joe, are you a PFTer?

So Joe, are you a PFTer?

Yep! Sure did. Had two Navy pilots in my ASA newhire class who also were PFTers. The funny thing is, ASA/Comair/Express 1(PNCL)/CALExp/CHQ and other union carriers had PFT, while Skywest who was non-union didn't have PFT...If Skywest had called first, I would have gone there instead. Of course then I would be a scab if I flew out of Houston...

Sad excuse. So that started your spiral of feeling inadequate?

Latest resources

Back