• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One last thing.. The next member that swears, trying to be creative swearing will get 10 days off or more.. no PM's just gone..

The is getting heated.. so stop the scab talk and such.. that will get you 30 days... not kidding....

Mod clr4

Here is what is lame, a non-union airline coming in violating our contract and undermining our leverage.

What is "lame" is saying "a non-union airline is coming in violating our contract and undermining our leverage."

There are only two parties to the contract. Those parties are CAL management and, possibly, its successors and the CAL Pilot Group. Neither Skywest pilots nor Skywest management are parties to the contract in question. Neither Skywest pilots nor Skywest management can "violate" a contact to which they are not a party.

Nothing a Skywest pilot or a member of Skywest management can do can undermine or enhance your leverage. Your contract is your leverage and it stands on its own. The terms of your contract provide whatever leverage there is.

You'll have to speak with an arbitrator or a judge to get your contract enforced the way you want. In the meantime, I'll be happy to give you a ride to work. I'd appreciate the same consideration from you and your fellow pilots. Thanks.

Vtech,

Well said. I imagine all of this won't amount to a hill of beans. Some Skywest guys and some CAL/UAL guys will deny jumpseats and then it will all die down.

CALALPA will prevail in the arbitration though so at that point this flying will be in violation of the CAL contract. Knowingly performing flying in violation of another group's contract is not the most ethical thing to do. At that point is when I see a wholesale denial of jumpseat privileges to any group performing that flying.

You made a very well thought out and reasonable post though and it is refreshing to see on this site. Kudos to taking the high road. Hopefully everybody does.

Vtech,

Well said. I imagine all of this won't amount to a hill of beans. Some Skywest guys and some CAL/UAL guys will deny jumpseats and then it will all die down.

CALALPA will prevail in the arbitration though so at that point this flying will be in violation of the CAL contract. Knowingly performing flying in violation of another group's contract is not the most ethical thing to do. At that point is when I see a wholesale denial of jumpseat privileges to any group performing that flying.

You made a very well thought out and reasonable post though and it is refreshing to see on this site. Kudos to taking the high road. Hopefully everybody does.

You state this like it is a sure thing but clearly it could go the other way as well. I will be happy with either decision. I do wonder though if the decision will be respected. If it goes against CALALPA will the CAL pilots simply move on to the next issue? If it goes against United will there be fines (or other mechanisms) if they violate the ruling? Either way it won't make a significant impact on me as a Skywest pilot. We simply fly the aircraft our mainline customer wants us to fly to the city they pay us to fly it to.

You state this like it is a sure thing but clearly it could go the other way as well. I will be happy with either decision. I do wonder though if the decision will be respected. If it goes against CALALPA will the CAL pilots simply move on to the next issue? If it goes against United will there be fines (or other mechanisms) if they violate the ruling? Either way it won't make a significant impact on me as a Skywest pilot. We simply fly the aircraft our mainline customer wants us to fly to the city they pay us to fly it to.

I won't be happy either way. I would only be happy if CALALPA wins the arbitration. If they do and CAL management doesn't comply, I think that CALALPA can get an injunction from a federal judge to force CAL management to comply. I suspect that if CALALPA loses, they will move the battle to contract negotiations.

You guys realize that the arbitration is only over using CAL flight numbers on the flights right? If CALALPA wins all they do is remove the CAL flight numbers and the flights operate anyway with only UAL numbers. Some of you act like they will change the schedules.

You guys realize that the arbitration is only over using CAL flight numbers on the flights right? If CALALPA wins all they do is remove the CAL flight numbers and the flights operate anyway with only UAL numbers. Some of you act like they will change the schedules.

Then why doesn't CAL management just do that now and save themselves the hassle and cost of arbitration? Honest question.

Then why doesn't CAL management just do that now and save themselves the hassle and cost of arbitration? Honest question.

Psychological warfare maybe? I dunno. But those flights will go no matter what the ruling. They probably like being able to sell the seats on continental.com and they figure its worth the fight. Why are you asking me why management does what they do?

Psychological warfare maybe? I dunno. But those flights will go no matter what the ruling. They probably like being able to sell the seats on continental.com and they figure its worth the fight. Why are you asking me why management does what they do?

Lol, trying to find the mole. Haha. No I thought you knew some legal argument from their scope language or something. It just doesn't make sense to me. If it was that simple, they would have just used UAL flight number to begin with, or so it seems to me. I have a feeling that it is a sticking issue and without the CAL flight number, their argument fall apart.

Latest resources

Back