• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has 1 CAL passenger flown on a Skywest or SA 70 seat airplane?

No. I would save your ammunition for the actual battle.

Until the CAL pilots stop denying SKYW pilots the jumpseat, there will be no CAL pilot on my ASA jumpseat....I know of other ASA pilots that are joining me...Bad move....

Until the CAL pilots stop denying SKYW pilots the jumpseat, there will be no CAL pilot on my ASA jumpseat....I know of other ASA pilots that are joining me...Bad move....

If management loses this case, how will these pilots who bid Houston look? Not too good in my book.

This is a huge case for all pilots, can't you regional guys understand that? Put your ego aside, and think about that. This is a big step in stopping outsourcing and cheap labor. I am not going to argue how we got here, but I will fight when it comes to the violation of our contract.

With regards to jumpseat denial. I only know of only one case. I have yet to fly with a captain that will deny the jumpseat. I must say, it would be weird having a SkyWest guy sit up front who is about to go violate your contract. ... This individual has just made negotiating a contract all the more difficult. Isn't that what we want the new United to have? An industry leading contract. I believe this will benefit all pilots regional and mainline.

easy on the profanity there junior.

you might not believe it's SkyWest's fault, others believe biding that flying is a mistake and not right.

Last edited:
easy on the profanity there junior.

you might not believe it's SkyWest's fault, others believe biding that flying is a mistake and not right.

Junior? Ha! Thanks! Okay, i'll say goshdarnit and shucksiedarn and friggin'. My grandpa was a sailor.

There's two "d's" in "bidding".

Stop trying to put this off on Skywest pilots. Seriously. It's so goshdarn friggin' unbelieveably lame. Their company opens up a base that's closer to home or family, what the flock do you expect them to do? Would you rather they let junior Skywest pilots be dragged displaced from home to fill that base? I mean, I get it, you look down from your giant 737 on regional pukes now, but put yourself in their shoes. It looks like you were there once too?

Judas H. Titty Flopping Priest! It's your flipping contract! Fix it yourselves!

Junior? Ha! Thanks! Okay, i'll say goshdarnit and shucksiedarn and friggin'. My grandpa was a sailor.

There's two "d's" in "bidding".

Stop trying to put this off on Skywest pilots. Seriously. It's so goshdarn friggin' unbelieveably lame. Their company opens up a base that's closer to home or family, what the flock do you expect them to do? Would you rather they let junior Skywest pilots be dragged displaced from home to fill that base? I mean, I get it, you look down from your giant 737 on regional pukes now, but put yourself in their shoes. It looks like you were there once too?

Judas H. Titty Flopping Priest! It's your flipping contract! Fix it yourselves!

I would not bid IAH. Here is what is lame, a non-union airline coming in violating our contract and undermining our leverage. We are trying to fix this mess, and those that have bid IAH are NOT helping. Now if we lose this arbitration then so be it. Consequence of a merger? I guess so, it will be a big lose for labor and a big lose for CAL pilots. Especially, since unlike other ALPA carriers we never gave in on scope. We never sold scope. But if the arbitrator decides that due to the the merger, we have no contract violation then the, "Hail Mary," from management will have paid off. If this happens, we all lose, even your beloved SkyWest.

The 737 is not that much bigger or higher than a regional jet. The ego here is from you not me. I look down at no one and most at CAL are just trying to regain what has been lost in this industry.

I would not bid IAH. Here is what is lame, a non-union airline coming in violating our contract and undermining our leverage. We are trying to fix this mess, and those that have bid IAH are NOT helping. Now if we lose this arbitration then so be it. Consequence of a merger? I guess so, it will be a big lose for labor and a big lose for CAL pilots. Especially, since unlike other ALPA carriers we never gave in on scope. We never sold scope. But if the arbitrator decides that due to the the merger, we have no contract violation then the, "Hail Mary," from management will have paid off. If this happens, we all lose, even your beloved SkyWest.

The 737 is not that much bigger or higher than a regional jet. The ego here is from you not me. I look down at no one and most at CAL are just trying to regain what has been lost in this industry.

You aren't paying close attention BID. Skywest pilots have no control over what United and Skywest management do. CAL pilots hold the ultimate nuke. WALK OUT. I am on CAL pilots' side. I want the flying to go to mainline. What i'm sick of is major airline pilots, WHO GOT US INTO THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE, trying to pawn off their own fight to regional pilots. It's unprofessional, and, speaking of childish and juvenile, it's like blaming the JV team when the Varsity can't hack it. What the flock do they have to do with it? NOTHING. So I should give up my job and the only carreer path available to a pilot to protect YOUR CONTRACT?? Seriously?

EVERY single Skywest pilot that bid IAH had to do so because the company put it out before the issue was resolved. Should they have forced junior pilots to uproot and go? Should they have waited til' CAL pilots strike? CAL pilots will roll over for some extra scraps or perhaps nothing at all. Watch. Make me eat crow. Please. I have extra spicy BBQ sauce saved up.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I'm willing to bet that Continental pilots will be willing to relax the scope with a 15-20% pay raise. Here's my rationale. Looking at the top of the payscale, they are the highest paid legacy pilots. A quick look at Airline Pilots Central and some simple math reveals:

Continental: $193 x 72 hours guarantee = $13896
Delta: $209 x 65 hours guarantee = $13585
Hawaiian: $180 x 75 hours guarantee = $13500
United: $190 x 70 hours guarantee = $13300
Alaska: $175 x 75 hours guarantee = $13125
American: $205 x 64 hours guarantee = $13120
Usair: $160 x 72 hours guarantee = $11520

I know there are other factors to consider, like retirement and other benefits, but I don't think it would take much for the pilots to accept Southwest rates ($210 x 78 hours guarantee = $16380) i.e. 15% raise. I think 20% would do it.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather be at Continental than fly their routes on an RJ.

Folks.. be very careful what you post here... personal info, company messages, proprietary info.. all is a violation of the FI TOS... keep the posts inside the ball park...

Latest resources

Back