• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SCOPE at DELTA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they said that there would be no issue with Scope and the 76 seat limit. It did not even take two weeks.

Both NYC reps are "looking into it". I can't believe that the company and Moak will try to rub our noses in this when it is still sore from the last one. We need to get these airplanes at mainline.

You know, when I suggest that mainliners will keep caving in on scope, I get told that they "are not in a giving mood". And then...

And they said that there would be no issue with Scope and the 76 seat limit. It did not even take two weeks.

They may not have known until the news broke over on APC - the FAA Limit Cert was dated 9 March, and the memo 19 March.

Let's see what the reaction and action from the MEC is on this.

One thing IS for sure - I don't think these moves by management are unintentional, and so far the Score is 0-1 for DALPA.....

Exactly. They better not cave. It was the whole premise with the CPS issue. It will continually get pushed. Here we are not even in section six and they are doing it.

Now they got two issues on their plate. I will file a grievance so that there is more than just one on record at DALPA.

You need the time machine to go back to the 80s....However when you get there, you will get to hear the inflated mainline ego tell you that they don't want to fly "little" airplanes....

I enjoyed my times flying at the regionals and now I enjoy flying at the majors. You have been on here and posted about 1000 times how you don't want to and are not trying to go to a major. BUT you are constantly on the major boards. I think the truth is that you failed and are good at speaking so you try to spin it as something different. Funny...your actions speak louder than your mouth! Keep trying to spin how it was YOUR choice. Every time you come on the major boards it is further proof that you are full of sh1t!

Monster Buck:

I have been stuck at the regionals for 8 years. I would love to work for mainline but for some reason our industry hasn't allowed it. IS that my fault?

N813CA- 8 years these days is very common...esp in this decade. Joe is the token angry lifer, though. As they say, "He ain't right."

You need the time machine to go back to the 80s....However when you get there, you will get to hear the inflated mainline ego tell you that they don't want to fly "little" airplanes....

I hate to admit it, but Joey's right on this one. Everyone forgets that it was the mainline guys who didn't want to fly these airplanes, thinking that "just a few turboprops won't hurt anything," and then it eventually became "it's only a few 50-seaters. What harm could it be?"

The egos and lack of foresight caused this mess. Hopefully pilots are learning their lesson about the importance of scope, but I'm not so sure.

As for this scope violation, I hate to break it to you guys, but you don't have much of a chance of getting it enforced, even if you go to arbitration. Arbitrators aren't fond of telling companies to stop operating airframes that they've already been operating, even if the weight limit changed. The best you'll get out of this is probably a grievance settlement that gives you something else you'd like to have. This is why it's so important to not let the scope go in the first place. Once that E-175 is gone, the weight limit isn't going to really help you that much. The arbitrator will just consider it the same airframe, slap Delta on the wrist, and tell them not to do it again. That's about the best you can hope for in arbitration. The game is stacked against us.

Latest resources

Back