Scab Stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Some Dude

What's your best "I had to fly with a scab" story? We have a few at my employer. They have a thousand excuses for their actions (none are good).

Some Dude said:
What's your best "I had to fly with a scab" story? We have a few at my employer. They have a thousand excuses for their actions (none are good).

Ive never knowingly flown with a, scab!! When I was an FO at Comair though, a guy came up to the cockpit looking for a jumpseat..This was about a month before we went on strike.. He introduced himself to the Captain and myself.. THe Captain looked at the guys ID, checked his scab list and then presto the guy was on it.. The Captain said " Get off my plane you greedy scab bastard".. The scab then got all emotional and threatened to tell his company (Continental)!! It's sad that a scab like that could hold a high seniority number in one of the better Major airlines out there!

i flew with a few scabs at my old airline.the ones that i flew with were actually excellent pilots and great guys.still talk to a few of them.i was not there when the situations happened so i try to restrain judgement.sorry i don't have any of those "get the hel off my airplane stories." i've always thought they were real impressive.

Comair pilots with scab lists... geez!!

as214 said:
Ive never knowingly flown with a, scab!! When I was an FO at Comair though, a guy came up to the cockpit looking for a jumpseat..This was about a month before we went on strike.. He introduced himself to the Captain and myself.. THe Captain looked at the guys ID, checked his scab list and then presto the guy was on it.. The Captain said " Get off my plane you greedy scab bastard".. The scab then got all emotional and threatened to tell his company (Continental)!! It's sad that a scab like that could hold a high seniority number in one of the better Major airlines out there!

With ALPA's track record there is no longer a long term career problem with being a scab. Like it or not...It's the truth. Look at all the money we spent on Continential and strike assessments, and then look at all the money we spent to get them BACK after they were successfull. ALPA is interested in just one thing...dues. How many Eastern scabs are employed today at major airlines...lots.

Dues

Now that's the smartest thing that I have yet. ALPA's only exsistance is based on the dues paid for in part by company payroll. Small carrier, small dues, little representation, if they will represent you at all.

OleGuy said:
With ALPA's track record there is no longer a long term career problem with being a scab. Like it or not...It's the truth. Look at all the money we spent on Continential and strike assessments, and then look at all the money we spent to get them BACK after they were successfull. ALPA is interested in just one thing...dues. How many Eastern scabs are employed today at major airlines...lots.

Seems to me scabbing and PFT are pretty similar in that everyone talks about "blacklists" and how it'll hurt your career, yada...yada...yada, no one will like you, etc. But in the end these people still get the jobs so where's the deterrent not to do it? A denied j/s may send a message, but in the end isn't much more than a slight inconvenience for most.

i get it--this is a thread about "i knew this guy/gal who was a scab but he was a great pilot, great person, community leader an overall a-okay joe."

okay- i knew this guy at a former company he was a scab. he was a horrible pilot, he was a mildly functioning major alcoholic and those that knew him are worse off for having ever met this turd.

the only thing good i can say about this guy is he provided me with some great stories for interviews.

wish i had other stories to share.

fbt

flybrowntails said:
i get it--this is a thread about "i knew this guy/gal who was a scab but he was a great pilot, great person, community leader an overall a-okay joe."

lol...nahhh I think the op intended it to be a bash the hell out of scabs thread. However, the worst folks I've met aren't scabs but horrible instructors. I grow a touch weary of people hating people because they want to work. Hating someone because they are a true bug on the windshield of life I'm all for however.

What this thread truly is about is that you can take a cross-section of society...any part of it, including aviation and even that part of aviation known as "scabs"...and find the same results. Good people, bad people, competent people, incompetent people, those with drug and alcohol problems, those without, etc. And you can also find people willing to hurl stones at any part of it and blame all of their problems on someone else.

Latest resources

Back