• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

S5 E-170 upgrade @ 6/04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick upgrade? Whoopty F#ckin doo. It isn't like FEDEX is going to be pounding down your door at 1000 PIC. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure FEDEX won't give two thirds of a purple fu#k about your 1000 PIC. There are plenty of highly qualified non boneheads out there for them to hire.

Besides, working for the wages you do in an aircraft the size of the EMB-170, you are helping to reduce the number of major airline jobs that you want so dearly. Somebody above said it just right. NW flies the baby -9 (same size) for double the coin. Any CHQ, REP or S5 pilot who would brag about this situation is a moron.

Don't forget some of you shiny new airplanes are coming from US Airways without the pilots that should be flying them. What goes around comes around, and you CHQ/REP/S5 folks will get yours. Count on it.

LowlyPropCapt said:
Quick upgrade? Whoopty F#ckin doo. It isn't like FEDEX is going to be pounding down your door at 1000 PIC. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure FEDEX won't give two thirds of a purple fu#k about your 1000 PIC. There are plenty of highly qualified non boneheads out there for them to hire.

Besides, working for the wages you do in an aircraft the size of the EMB-170, you are helping to reduce the number of major airline jobs that you want so dearly. Somebody above said it just right. NW flies the baby -9 (same size) for double the coin. Any CHQ, REP or S5 pilot who would brag about this situation is a moron.

Don't forget some of you shiny new airplanes are coming from US Airways without the pilots that should be flying them. What goes around comes around, and you CHQ/REP/S5 folks will get yours. Count on it.

Hey I'd be pissed If I was still flying a Dash-8 myself man, right on brotha!

LowlyPropCapt said:

Actually Northwest retired the last of the baby DC-9s so your statement is invalid! Hah!

The DC9-30 is configured for 100 seats.

So these 190s you intend on getting.... you're going to get paid how much again?

You know -- nobody would have any problem with you getting a 100+ passenger airplane if you had compensation, work-rules, and benefits that were appropriate to a 100+ passenger airplane.

Comparing yourself to Jetblue is foolish. Their E190 payrates are garbage.

Go ahead and compare yourself to Northwest!! Get the book rates from US Airways and Continental (the DC9 and similar sized aircraft still exist in both of their PWAs)

Go fly the E190 -- but don't let Bedford build a major airline from your blood, sweat, and tears. Take a stand! Tell the guy that you're professional airline pilots and that you'd be HAPPY to fly the E190, the MD80, the 757, or the Dreamliner -- as long as he provides you with the pay and benefits deserved by pilots flying that equipment.

bitememesa said:
Freedom offered a CA upgrade to a guy with a 08/04/2004 DOH on the ERJ.

Why would you or anyone get on that guys case for upgrading? You must be afraid to upgrade because you think you can't pass an ATP and type check. I'm not, bring on that ugrade baby!

E170Guppykiller said:
Why would you or anyone get on that guys case for upgrading? You must be afraid to upgrade because you think you can't pass an ATP and type check. I'm not, bring on that ugrade baby!

Yawn... More flamebait.

Go to sleep F*ckstick. You're mom wants you to help her clean the trailer in the morning.

E170Guppykiller said:

Here's a great example of the internet - any idiot with a computer can shoot his mouth off and talk a bunch of smack to people who otherwise would never listen. There's a reason airlines interview people, and clowns like this will never ever make it past an interview board at a major airline. Just ignore and it will go away.

To much flamebait. SF340 don't mess it up for us that enjoy working for CHQ/SA/RP. Yes, Life is pretty good here right now. Quick upgrades, QOL, no reserve time, and 15 to 19 days off your first month after IOE. But, don't throw it in peoples faces. It may and won't be like this forever. Times will more than likely change at some point. XJT and Comair are great companies and they have it just as good as we do along with a kick as$ contract.You're making the whole group look bad.

Relax!

When these wunderkinde (340guy, guppykiller, arthur, et al) are given command of jets it is going to start raining aluminum. Too young, cocky and stupid to even know what they don't know. They are dangerous in the most literal and serious sense of the word.

The more they quack, the clearer it becomes.

Latest resources

Back