S5 E-170 upgrade @ 6/04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SlapShot said:
The SAAB guys are not on the 170 yet. Not until after arbitration.

I was wondering how long it was going to take until someone pointed this out.

well 2 things for you boxnuts, i mean boxjock, i mean jockey sorry cant spell!!! Anyways when i had the time to finally apply i sent out resumes to everyone and nothing, but one days i got 2 calls and 3 days later 2 other calls, so i interviewed at 4 places in 2 weeks and got calls from all of them. But my buddy got a me gig flying lears instead. It went from nothing, to 4 interviews and a job flying lears all in about 2 1/2 weeks. So that is why i turned down them. And the job i have we dont serve ice cubes, nor anything in the lear. we show them where it is at and we sit in the cockpit and dont leave. if they want it they get it themselves. Even if i had to, 3 maybe 4 times the salary as you guys is worth handling a bag here and there and the very rare occasional 4 am depature. oh yeah the challenger has a fa in the back so i dont leave that seat either. let me know if you want a job we are hiring!!!!

kngarthur said:
OH SNAP!!!! TURBINE PIC BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By then I'll be going to FEDEX!

kngarthur

Aircraft Experience: SA226, CE402B, C310, D95A, all the Cessna SE, all the Piper SE
Flight Experience: military
Ratings: comm,inst,me,se
Current Position: frieght dog<<<<<<<< You may want to learn to spell it before you apply!
Total Time: 1850

Last edited:
BenderGonzales said:
It's astounding that the kids jump at this stuff as if they're the first ones that thought of it.

They either forget or were never taught that ten years ago there were a group of kids who did exactly the same thing.

Shortly after 09/11 those 7000+ were furloughed.

not to mention the 6000+ from 20 yrs ago that got canned during the first Gulf War. I think they put something in the water at the big flight schools, makes them feel a little better about blowing 50 grand on hyped up training plus 15 more grand to buy a job.

all so they can say "I is a airline pilot now" and wear the full uniform and hat at the local Starbucks so everyone can stand in aw of them.

This is just out of control...

If any of these people posting this flamebait actually work for us, and someone does some homework to figure out who they are, trust me - they will be dealt with.

Boxjockey is a friend of mine; and it pains me to think that he or everyone out there gets their impression of CHQ/RP/SA from some 16 year old kid with a student pilot license shooting his mouth off on an anonymous internet message board. It's the _internet_ -- no screening process, no requisite minimum IQ...

For someone to post on here (BVT1151) and say "I've lost all respect for CHQ pilots" is a little misguided. BVT1151, from your posts in the past, I doubt you had any respect for CHQ pilots from the beginning - please correct me if I'm wrong.

And for the rest of the morons on here that like to keep singing the quick upgrade, stealing flying, "I'm going to get mine" attitude, please, give it a rest. I'm asking nicely.

All the rest of us are punch drunk from hearing the same old argument, over and over. The J4J protocol was not something that we came up with nor did we vote it in the first time around. To suggest that the majority of people at CHQ would rather see 170's and 190's here instead of at mainline is just plain wrong.

So, everyone enjoy your 17 days off, enjoy bragging about the perks that you have in your contract that we don't, or the quick upgrade, or the quality of life, or the mainline routes -- enjoy it ad nauseum. Just don't post it here. People make decisions on where to go and who to work for based on a lot more than the prevailing opinion on flightinfo.com. I know that might come as a shock to some, but everyone - step back from the keyboard for once and perhaps try to post something that doesn't regurgitate the same drudge that all of us have read for the past few years.

-brew3

"BOX"

Relax son, don't let the little fellas get you all riled up! We'll be upgrading here at XJET soon enough. More than likely, inside of 2 years since hire.
These fools are so impressed with themselves, and have no clue about the damaging effects of the 170 at a regional. They're perfectly content with maxing at 90 grand. They really believe thats adequate compensation for a Professional Pilot. What a shame. We're all in a lot of trouble with this mentality.

Brew 3,

Long time, no hear. Hope everything is going well. Some of you other guys should take some pointers from this fine gentleman. He is a standup guy, and any of you would be lucky to fly with him. I just don't understand this "get mine" mentality. We're all in this for a long time. It really isn't worth us getting our panties in a bunch over three or four dollars an hour. Your talking about maybe $3k a year. What we have to hope for is that all of our pilot groups, when the opportunity presents itself, will take a stand and try to regain some of what has been lost. Comair set a precedent. They did it when they had worlds of bargaining power. Unfortunately for us all, things are royally f@cked up in this industry now. None of us have any bargaining power right now, because most everyone is fighting for every piece of pie they can get. To add to the problem, we have people with 1-2 years of flying experience who will do whatever it takes to advance their career, even if it means working for free. We are past the worst of this. Hopefully as carriers become healthy again, some of what was lost will be restored. Each individual pilot group has to stand up and do their part when their turn comes. The past is the past, and everyone needs to look forward to what can be done to make this a CAREER again. And to biggerguy, don't worry about me man, I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow. I truly do enjoy working for our company, and even if I do stay FO for 3-4 years, that's not going to change. Everybody fly safe. Peace out.

box :p

brew3departure said:
If any of these people posting this flamebait actually work for us, and someone does some homework to figure out who they are, trust me - they will be dealt with.

Boxjockey is a friend of mine; and it pains me to think that he or everyone out there gets their impression of CHQ/RP/SA from some 16 year old kid with a student pilot license shooting his mouth off on an anonymous internet message board. It's the _internet_ -- no screening process, no requisite minimum IQ...

For someone to post on here (BVT1151) and say "I've lost all respect for CHQ pilots" is a little misguided. BVT1151, from your posts in the past, I doubt you had any respect for CHQ pilots from the beginning - please correct me if I'm wrong.

And for the rest of the morons on here that like to keep singing the quick upgrade, stealing flying, "I'm going to get mine" attitude, please, give it a rest. I'm asking nicely.

All the rest of us are punch drunk from hearing the same old argument, over and over. The J4J protocol was not something that we came up with nor did we vote it in the first time around. To suggest that the majority of people at CHQ would rather see 170's and 190's here instead of at mainline is just plain wrong.

So, everyone enjoy your 17 days off, enjoy bragging about the perks that you have in your contract that we don't, or the quick upgrade, or the quality of life, or the mainline routes -- enjoy it ad nauseum. Just don't post it here. People make decisions on where to go and who to work for based on a lot more than the prevailing opinion on flightinfo.com. I know that might come as a shock to some, but everyone - step back from the keyboard for once and perhaps try to post something that doesn't regurgitate the same drudge that all of us have read for the past few years.

-brew3

Well Said Brew.

hy·per·bo·le Audio pronunciation of "hyperbole" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l) n.

A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in "I could sleep for a year" or "This book weighs a ton."

But I'd hate to take away your whole reason for being up on your soapbox.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back