• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

S5 E-170 upgrade @ 6/04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We were all that young, cocky, and stupid at one time. We just didn't have the internet yet! ;)

...and back then instead of SJS I had SSS. (Shiny Saab Syndrome)

On Your Six said:
Give these guys a break - I am sure you would be happy too if you were in their position... They've been flying the SLAAB 340 for awhile and deserve a good break - and that E170 is an awesome airplane.

The SAAB guys are not on the 170 yet. Not until after arbitration.

BenderGonzales said:
The DC9-30 is configured for 100 seats.

So these 190s you intend on getting.... you're going to get paid how much again?

You know -- nobody would have any problem with you getting a 100+ passenger airplane if you had compensation, work-rules, and benefits that were appropriate to a 100+ passenger airplane.

Comparing yourself to Jetblue is foolish. Their E190 payrates are garbage.

Go ahead and compare yourself to Northwest!! Get the book rates from US Airways and Continental (the DC9 and similar sized aircraft still exist in both of their PWAs)

Go fly the E190 -- but don't let Bedford build a major airline from your blood, sweat, and tears. Take a stand! Tell the guy that you're professional airline pilots and that you'd be HAPPY to fly the E190, the MD80, the 757, or the Dreamliner -- as long as he provides you with the pay and benefits deserved by pilots flying that equipment.

Actually when the BK judge gets through with them the Northwest pilots won't be making much more than we are, so take that we fly for peanuts garbage somewhere else. I bet you won't be bitching at Northwest for flying too cheap.

Nobody cares if you fly an 70 or 100 seat aircraft. Things change daily in this industry, and maybe this is part of the re-alignment. The point everyone is trying to make is that because of your payrate on that size of equipment, along with your workrules, is the reason all of this flying is coming to you guys. Ok, so you get your 1000 turbine PIC. The major airline job you are going after will be that much worse BECAUSE YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK AT THOSE RATES.

box

BenderGonzales said:
We were all that young, cocky, and stupid at one time. We just didn't have the internet yet! ;)

That much is true, but that is not the only difference. Eventually, the NTSB will explain it all in painful detail.

Fellow Airline pilots,
Who are SF340Guy + kngarthur? If you know, PM me and the CHQ blanket parties will begin!

Fellow CHQ,SA,RP pilots,
I am filling my pillow case with bars of soap as we speak. Join me in providing a welcome to SF340Guy and kngarthur.

Moderators,
Of course, I am only joking and I would never ask for any fellow flightinfo member to pm me with member details or names. That would be a violation of posting rules and I could get put in the penalty box, so please don't take the above offer as a real request.

SM

Why so much about the E-170? What about the CRJ-700/900 or Avrojet??

I guess Comair/Eagle/Mesaba/PSA, etc. are doing the same thing then huh?

Get a life guys.

you regional guys are so funny. i drink my beer and laugh at all you. I make 3 more dollars a hours than you, and chq, ae, sa suck, and all yof your comment about different regional to each other. To funny. I turned down jobs with chq, skywest, ae, and sa because of all this bullsh$t and i did not want to have to live on wellfare and food stamps. so enjoys you guys.

you regional guys are so funny. i drink my beer and laugh at all you. I make 3 more dollars a hours than you, and chq, ae, sa suck, and all yof your comment about different regional to each other. To funny. I turned down jobs with chq, skywest, ae, and sa because of all this bullsh$t and i did not want to have to live on wellfare and food stamps. so enjoys you guys.

Wow Mr. Learjet dude. Glad to hear that you have an awesome corporate gig. Turned down FOUR different regionals because you didn't want to deal with that sh!t? Well gee wiz, if your job is so good, why in the hell did you go to all of the interviews? Listen man, I grew up around corporat aviation. My father was a corporate pilot for 30 years. I know a lot of pilots in corporate aviation. Let me get those bags for you sir. Of course I can have the plane ready at 2am, even though you plan to leave at noon. Do you take two cubes of ice or three with your diet coke? Granted, there are some truly good gigs out there, and maybe you are fortunate enough to have one of those, but the majority are not that way. I'll take my peanut wages, drag my bag to the airplane, drag it home, and leave my job at the airport. No politics for me to get involved in. No he said, she said. Soapbox relinquished.

box :D

Latest resources

Back