S5 E-170 upgrade @ 6/04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SF340Guy said:
I'll buy you dinner at the rainbow room the next time an XJT pilot upgrades in year one. Infact, I will buy dinner for everyone reading this thread the next time an XJT pilot upgrades in year one.
Nope, it won't happen...you know why? Because its a better place to work. Generally thats how it goes. We're all going to be stuck flying RJ's for a while, so it might as well be at a place with good QOL and plenty of work rules. If the pay is the same, then who gives a damm what type of airplane it is.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Nope, it won't happen...you know why? Because its a better place to work. Generally thats how it goes. We're all going to be stuck flying RJ's for a while, so it might as well be at a place with good QOL and plenty of work rules. If the pay is the same, then who gives a damm what type of airplane it is.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that CAL has you scoped at an airframe limitation.

No, it has to do with the fact that almost any ExpressJet pilot you ask, would rather see larger equipment at mainline. Why do you think so many people are staying here versus going to CAL? Same reason why there are so many lifers at Comair. They are both great places to work. How many people do you think will stay around RP because it's such a great place to work?

box

SF340Guy said:
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that CAL has you scoped at an airframe limitation.
As I said already, our pay is already higher for the 50 seat than yours is for the 70 seat, with the exception of Captains with 4th year or higher pay. That doens't even include work rules...do you have to call crew scheduling when you finish a trip on reserve? If you lose a day off do you get it restored AND get credited for your flying at 150% for a minimum of 3.75 for that day off lost? You guys go to Canada and the Bahamas right? How much do they pay you to clear customs when you get back to home base? Do you get leg by leg pay? Hows that profit sharing check look? The list goes on and on....

boxjockey said:
No, it has to do with the fact that almost any ExpressJet pilot you ask, would rather see larger equipment at mainline. Why do you think so many people are staying here versus going to CAL? Same reason why there are so many lifers at Comair. They are both great places to work. How many people do you think will stay around RP because it's such a great place to work?

box

Well if everyone is staying there then why see the larger planes @ the mailine? So you can use your vote to help feed someone elses family? Yeah, sign me up for that. If you are staying there then get the larger planes, more leverage for your next negotiations.

Now, that said, I am not for the 190 @ RAH, I do want to go to a mainline carrier, so that was the original intention of this thread, was that I would get my PIC time faster so my "Competative Mins" would rise quicker. Bigger planes @ mainline = more jobs for me, and my counterparts with PIC time.

Skyboy, I do have 4th year pay!!! This post was not to say, "Yeah...WOOHOO for me."

Last edited:
SF340Guy said:
Skyboy, I do have 4th year pay!!! This post was not to say, "Yeah...WOOHOO for me."
Then how the hell are you bragging about such a quick upgrade? You make it sound as though you were hired last year and are due for upgrade training. XJT upgrades are about to drop from 4 years to 2 years overnight once we reach the hiring gap following 9/11. It sounds to me as though I will be a Captain quicker than you were, so perhaps I should be the one bragging.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Then how the hell are you bragging about such a quick upgrade? You make it sound as though you were hired last year and are due for upgrade training. XJT upgrades are about to drop from 4 years to 2 years overnight once we reach the hiring gap following 9/11. It sounds to me as though I will be a Captain quicker than you were, so perhaps I should be the one bragging.

I wasn't bragging, actually I was giving information, and then I was forced to defend my pilot group as a whole. BTW looks like I got the name wrong, the most recent upgrade that I now know of was actually the 2/27/04 class guy that is actually in training as of a month or so ago So four months diff, here come the beatings. Sorry for the miss information, I can admit when I am wrong.

As a CHQ/Shuttle America captain, I want to apologize on behalf of the immature postings by a few of our pilots. For whatever reason, a few from our ranks feel the need to post taunting messages on this forum. Quick upgrade? Well congratulations, but please do not brag about it because in the end, no one really cares.

My sentiments exactly. No one gives 2 shoots if youre an RJ captain or the head Barista at Starbucks making Double Chai mocha latte swirls with a double shot. IF this is what you have to brag about then you are a loser and unfotunately for me I probably never had the oppurtunity to belittle you as my FO and put you where you belong. You probably need put in your place just like half the other rejects I get to deal with on a regular basis. Get a life ToolBag

Low-Key says, "I probably never had the oppurtunity to belittle you as my FO and put you where you belong. You probably need put in your place just like half the other rejects I get to deal with on a regular basis"

ummm... ok "Sky-King". Sounds like you're probably everybody's favorite Captain too....

Latest resources

Back