S5 E-170 upgrade @ 6/04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brew3departure said:
If any of these people posting this flamebait actually work for us, and someone does some homework to figure out who they are, trust me - they will be dealt with.
-brew3

Nicely said, but the Sox still stink

Learjet Pilot said:
well 2 things for you boxnuts, i mean boxjock, i mean jockey sorry cant spell!!! Anyways when i had the time to finally apply i sent out resumes to everyone and nothing, but one days i got 2 calls and 3 days later 2 other calls, so i interviewed at 4 places in 2 weeks and got calls from all of them. But my buddy got a me gig flying lears instead. It went from nothing, to 4 interviews and a job flying lears all in about 2 1/2 weeks. So that is why i turned down them. And the job i have we dont serve ice cubes, nor anything in the lear. we show them where it is at and we sit in the cockpit and dont leave. if they want it they get it themselves. Even if i had to, 3 maybe 4 times the salary as you guys is worth handling a bag here and there and the very rare occasional 4 am depature. oh yeah the challenger has a fa in the back so i dont leave that seat either. let me know if you want a job we are hiring!!!!

It is good that you are happy at your job. I wish we all could be happy at our jobs. It is rare these days. With that said...I have a few questions I suppose...

How many weeks of vacation do you get per year?

What is your 401k match?

How much sick time do you get?

How many days off (totally free from duty and not on call) do you get per month (not counting vacation)?

What will your W-2 say this year?

Could you fly first class to Europe and back on your days off for free?

Sure, some RJ pilots like to argue about their size of their d-ck (CHQ sucks, bla bla) on here as you pointed out...but 95% of the guys flying RJ's go to work and then go home and are happy with where they are at (and slowly preparing for the future). Flying corporate and flying for an airline are 2 different worlds entirely. The only similarities are that both fly airplanes. Some people prefer one lifestyle and others prefer the other lifestyle.

Frankly, for me, I would rather be a bus driver than a limo driver. Even at XJT, I have a better quality of life, days off, vacation, 401k, W-2, etc, than most corporate captains out there (excluding the Gulfstream/Challenger/Global/BBJ community probably...and they are really best compared to the SWA/FDX/CAL jobs anyway, at least the Fortune 100 jobs). There are exceptions but all in all, the RJ captains at the better companies these days have it pretty good compared to the past as well as compared to most, if not all, mid-size to small corporate jet pilots.

-Neal

Box, Jobear, and BVT

Box,

Haven't heard from you in a while either -- hope things are continuing to go well where you are. Interestingly enough, the guy who took over your run (or at least, part of it) way back when was my F/O the other day :)

BVT1151 - fair enough, point taken. The soapbox is a comfortable place to be sometimes, though.

Jobear - well, the White Sox...hmmm...they reeled off a nice losing streak, came back and won 4, yes, they couldn't sweep Seattle and they lost the first game to Texas, but come on - are you still rooting for a team out in California? I certainly hope so because there's no way you're going to come at me with the Brewers? Yeah, the Brew Crew would be in first place if they were in the NL West, but...your comment reeks of a bitter North Sider. Got FireDustyBaker.com? :)

Take care all,
-brew3

Axel said:
When these wunderkinde (340guy, guppykiller, arthur, et al) are given command of jets it is going to start raining aluminum. Too young, cocky and stupid to even know what they don't know. They are dangerous in the most literal and serious sense of the word.

The more they quack, the clearer it becomes.

At least they will be flying airplanes that will save their butts. Can you imagine them flying a DC-3 or Connie or even a DC-8 where they can't turn the A/P on right after takeoff, and have to hand fly an approach to mins...those guys wouldn't have survived the airlines of the 30's, 40's, and 50's...

DrProc said:
At least they will be flying airplanes that will save their butts. Can you imagine them flying a DC-3 or Connie or even a DC-8 where they can't turn the A/P on right after takeoff, and have to hand fly an approach to mins...

Kind of like the doctor or lawyer with his well appointed Baron?

A thought

LowlyPropCapt said:
Quick upgrade? Whoopty F#ckin doo. It isn't like FEDEX is going to be pounding down your door at 1000 PIC. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure FEDEX won't give two thirds of a purple fu#k about your 1000 PIC. There are plenty of highly qualified non boneheads out there for them to hire.

Besides, working for the wages you do in an aircraft the size of the EMB-170, you are helping to reduce the number of major airline jobs that you want so dearly. Somebody above said it just right. NW flies the baby -9 (same size) for double the coin. Any CHQ, REP or S5 pilot who would brag about this situation is a moron.

Don't forget some of you shiny new airplanes are coming from US Airways without the pilots that should be flying them. What goes around comes around, and you CHQ/REP/S5 folks will get yours. Count on it.

Just wanted to let some of you guys know. In my opinion, and I think this is actually closer to fact, someone with 1,300 hours pic jet has just as much chance getting a job as someone with 3 or 4,000 hours pic jet. At this stage in your career, the 1,000 pic min is more of a requirement,like your ATP, than a mininmum. Companies know by now by you can fly an airplane. They are more concerned with how you will fit into their company than how many hours of jet pic you have. Besides, and not to offend anyone here, but if you had younger guy with 1,500 pic vs an older gentlemen with 5,000 hours pic jet that was 12 years away from retirement, the company would more than likely hire the younger guy. Now I know that there are laws against age discrimination but companies/businesses prefer to hire younger people because they are less resistant to change and not as set in their ways.

Why would the company be more likely to hire the younger guy? If they hire the older guy he never gets to the top of their salary therefore he is cheaper. Granted he has to be replaced earlier but chances are he would be retrained in about that time on another airplane anyway so it does not matter.

As far as the amount of PIC, I think that is just what separates you from the THOUSANDS of other resumes any major gets every month. I bet Continental or Southwest get a 1000 resumes that meet their "minimums" every month. Every regional guy is flying essential the same thing. Therefore there are only a few things that can separate on candidate from the other (in no particular order).

1. Total time
2. PIC time
3. Internal recommendations
4. Check Airmen
5. 4 year degree

Other then those things, we are all carbon copies of one another.

SlapShot said:
Therefore there are only a few things that can separate on candidate from the other (in no particular order).

1. Total time
2. PIC time
4. Check Airmen
5. 4 year degree

Other then those things, we are all carbon copies of one another.

I would change that to:

1. Internal recommendations
2. Internal recommendations
4. Internal recommendations
5. Internal recommendations

BlackPilot628 said:
To much flamebait. SF340 don't mess it up for us that enjoy working for CHQ/SA/RP. Yes, Life is pretty good here right now. Quick upgrades, QOL, no reserve time, and 15 to 19 days off your first month after IOE. But, don't throw it in peoples faces. It may and won't be like this forever. Times will more than likely change at some point. XJT and Comair are great companies and they have it just as good as we do along with a kick as$ contract.You're making the whole group look bad.

Relax!

Blackie,

When you mention, "SF340 don't mess it up for us", in your statment, you wouldn't by chance be throwing a little dig at the "OLD SHUTTLE SAAB GUYS" now would you????
icon33.gif

Thank you Brew...there is still hope....

brew3departure said:
If any of these people posting this flamebait actually work for us, and someone does some homework to figure out who they are, trust me - they will be dealt with.

Boxjockey is a friend of mine; and it pains me to think that he or everyone out there gets their impression of CHQ/RP/SA from some 16 year old kid with a student pilot license shooting his mouth off on an anonymous internet message board. It's the _internet_ -- no screening process, no requisite minimum IQ...

For someone to post on here (BVT1151) and say "I've lost all respect for CHQ pilots" is a little misguided. BVT1151, from your posts in the past, I doubt you had any respect for CHQ pilots from the beginning - please correct me if I'm wrong.

And for the rest of the morons on here that like to keep singing the quick upgrade, stealing flying, "I'm going to get mine" attitude, please, give it a rest. I'm asking nicely.

All the rest of us are punch drunk from hearing the same old argument, over and over. The J4J protocol was not something that we came up with nor did we vote it in the first time around. To suggest that the majority of people at CHQ would rather see 170's and 190's here instead of at mainline is just plain wrong.

So, everyone enjoy your 17 days off, enjoy bragging about the perks that you have in your contract that we don't, or the quick upgrade, or the quality of life, or the mainline routes -- enjoy it ad nauseum. Just don't post it here. People make decisions on where to go and who to work for based on a lot more than the prevailing opinion on flightinfo.com. I know that might come as a shock to some, but everyone - step back from the keyboard for once and perhaps try to post something that doesn't regurgitate the same drudge that all of us have read for the past few years.

-brew3

Latest resources

Back