Rumor has it that LOA 93 Arbitrator Has Ruled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by eaglesview
It will be interesting to see if the East gets the raise and USAPA takes the stance that the west should be brought up to their wages how many will bitch about that.

Why would you think the east would put any effort towards that? They chose to ignore the west's right to section 6 negotiations on their contract.

The core of the DFR is that USAPA has chosen to take the west's money, but also chosen to ignore their representational responsibilities to the west.

Why, Bringthebird, I'm surprised at you! The reason, of course, is fair turnabout for the mighty effort you all put in trying to bring the East parity back in 2005....oh.....wait....that's not exactly how it went down.

Nevermind.....

Why, Bringthebird, I'm surprised at you! The reason, of course, is fair turnabout for the mighty effort you all put in trying to bring the East parity back in 2005....oh.....wait....that's not exactly how it went down.

Nevermind.....

They were eyeing the wide body captains seats.

I looks like dat USAPPY elsupremo presidenty Cleary has done gone an fired Lee Seeham.

Go figger

October 3, 2011

Seham, Seham, Meltz & Petersen, LLP 445 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 1204 White Plains, New York 10601
Via email and Certified Mail Return Receipt
Dear Mr. Meltz:

As you no doubt are already aware, the Board of Pilot Representatives has approved a Resolution establishing a process for auditing legal bills including those from your firm. As I indicated in my previous letter, the process is neutral and impartial and will preserve the attorney-client and other privileges with respect to information necessary to complete the audit. The Board has directed all counsel to cooperate with Sarah McShea who has been retained as special counsel for the purpose of the audit and the accounting firm of Holtz, Rubenstein and Reminick who will work under her direction and control. A copy of the resolution is enclosed. I expect that Ms. McShea will be contacting you in the near future. I trust that you will cooperate with her and respond to whatever request she may make as directed by the BPR in the Resolution and, in any event, will do so more promptly than you have not to the requests made in my September 6 letter.

Again, I am compelled to note that there is absolutely no truth to the baseless allegations in your letter that the audit “is motivated by animosity related to personal considerations.” The Resolution I proposed and that the BPR adopted completely undercuts these allegations and I ask that you refrain from continuing to repeat them.

I confirm that your firm does not act as general counsel and that you have no continuing responsibility with respect to either the Merger Committee or the Safety Committee.

I repeat the instructions stated in my September 15 letter. Namely,

Please send me a list identifying all matters your firm is handling on behalf of USAPA, including the identity theft investigation. For each matter, please summarize the current status of the matter, the anticipated next steps and an estimate of the cost for those next steps. All bills submitted from this point forward must include the date of the services or expenses incurred, a concise and accurate description of the services including time spent and the person performing the services, and the cost. All expenses must be supported by receipts or other generally accepted contemporaneous written records. All properly submitted and supported bills for services and expenses will be paid in the normal course of business.

Please confirm that you have received, understand and will comply with these instructions and please promptly supply the information requested about all matters your firm is currently handling on behalf of USAPA.

Very truly yours,

Michael Cleary
President, US Airline Pilots Association

I looks like dat USAPPY elsupremo presidenty Cleary has done gone an fired Lee Seeham.

Go figger

October 3, 2011

Seham, Seham, Meltz & Petersen, LLP 445 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 1204 White Plains, New York 10601
Via email and Certified Mail Return Receipt
Dear Mr. Meltz:

As you no doubt are already aware, the Board of Pilot Representatives has approved a Resolution establishing a process for auditing legal bills including those from your firm. As I indicated in my previous letter, the process is neutral and impartial and will preserve the attorney-client and other privileges with respect to information necessary to complete the audit. The Board has directed all counsel to cooperate with Sarah McShea who has been retained as special counsel for the purpose of the audit and the accounting firm of Holtz, Rubenstein and Reminick who will work under her direction and control. A copy of the resolution is enclosed. I expect that Ms. McShea will be contacting you in the near future. I trust that you will cooperate with her and respond to whatever request she may make as directed by the BPR in the Resolution and, in any event, will do so more promptly than you have not to the requests made in my September 6 letter.

Again, I am compelled to note that there is absolutely no truth to the baseless allegations in your letter that the audit “is motivated by animosity related to personal considerations.” The Resolution I proposed and that the BPR adopted completely undercuts these allegations and I ask that you refrain from continuing to repeat them.

I confirm that your firm does not act as general counsel and that you have no continuing responsibility with respect to either the Merger Committee or the Safety Committee.

I repeat the instructions stated in my September 15 letter. Namely,

Please send me a list identifying all matters your firm is handling on behalf of USAPA, including the identity theft investigation. For each matter, please summarize the current status of the matter, the anticipated next steps and an estimate of the cost for those next steps. All bills submitted from this point forward must include the date of the services or expenses incurred, a concise and accurate description of the services including time spent and the person performing the services, and the cost. All expenses must be supported by receipts or other generally accepted contemporaneous written records. All properly submitted and supported bills for services and expenses will be paid in the normal course of business.

Please confirm that you have received, understand and will comply with these instructions and please promptly supply the information requested about all matters your firm is currently handling on behalf of USAPA.

Very truly yours,

Michael Cleary
President, US Airline Pilots Association

Ah what the heck. It's just a piddly $10,000,000+ of "our" dues money out the door. USAPA got nothing but delay & no promised DOH. :smash: (and still has a peck of legal trouble with NO END IN SIGHT, but PLENTY of billable hours!).

Word from the DCA chief pilot's office is that the pilots won LOA 93!

I'm pretty sure it wont work that way. I think we will here from USAPA that they and management were notified that they will be getting the first draft of the award on a certain date and each side will get it on that date and then they will submit comments for Kasher to make a final award.

I'm pretty sure it wont work that way. I think we will here from USAPA that they and management were notified that they will be getting the first draft of the award on a certain date and each side will get it on that date and then they will submit comments for Kasher to make a final award.
Prediction: LOA 93 loss announced by USAPA. THE VERY NEXT MOVE will now be a full court press pushing the IBT and the "benefits" of joining. USAPA ALWAYS has to have a current, active distraction. Anything to keep the Easties in the dark, demoralized, and not asking questions.

Latest resources

Back