• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor has it that LOA 93 Arbitrator Has Ruled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're joking right? I hate to break this to you but you can't be selective about which "final and binding" arbitration is valid and which one is not.

You guys brought all this misery upon yourselves. The question is, "when will you have had enough"?

Did you accidently hit "quote" on my post when you were intending to respond to someone elses? This reply has nothing to do with my post about an arbitrator taking years to make a decision.

I personally hope the East gets everything they asked for. The reality is this East West struggle affects a small portion of the big puzzle. All of us benifit every time a pilot group makes more money, especially those of us in negotiations.

It will be interesting to see if the East gets the raise and USAPA takes the stance that the west should be brought up to their wages how many will bitch about that.

I can guarantee USAPA will take that stance and maybe the company will start complying with the law and start negotiating in good faith. Continuously repeating "Kirby proposal" is not negotiating.

If you are happy that our only means of solving a dispute with management is taking years than I think you would be great in management.
My schadenfreude is small consolation for the harm you've caused us.
He had surgery big deal.
You want to continue complaining about how long arbitrators take then more power to you. My only response was to you was thinking the length had something to do with the complexity of the case and therefore somehow favored the pilots. It doesn't.
Epithets?...really?
Calling a regular union-member pilot (and democrat) a management type is indeed an epithet. But at least nobody can call me an Eastie.

My schadenfreude gesundheit is small consolation for the harm you've caused us.You want to continue complaining about how long arbitrators take then more power to you. Management is very happy about it and you seem to be too so all I'm saying is you have this in common with management. My only response was to you was thinking the length had something to do with the complexity of the case and therefore somehow favored the pilots. It doesn't.Calling a regular union-member pilot (and democrat) a management type is indeed an epithet. OK I wont do it anymore you slimy liberal (just kidding) But at least nobody can call me an Eastie.

There may be some issue in the future that you personally are waiting for an arbitrators decsion. I'm sincere when I say I hope they don't do this to you. What do you think of my suggestion that after we get the award there might be a change in attitude out east?

My only response was to you was thinking the length had something to do with the complexity of the case.

Complex? I thought you implied (or maybe I inferred) that it is obvious that the pilots will lose? Complex? We asked an arbitrator to make a decision on what the "end" date in the pay "freeze" part of the LOA means and that takes years?

Complex? I thought you implied (or maybe I inferred) that it is obvious that the pilots will lose? Complex? We asked an arbitrator to make a decision on what the "end" date in the pay "freeze" part of the LOA means and that takes years?
You need serious work on your reading comprehension so I'll try not to be too obtuse. There's no correlation between how complex or non complex a case is and how long it takes an arbitrator to issue his ruling. In other words, a simple case may take a long time or it may not. By the same token, a complex case might take significantly longer than a simple one -- or it may not. Arbitrators work at their own pace and there isn't a darn thing anybody can do about it. Always been that way and always will be.

Verstehst du?

You need serious work on your reading comprehension so I'll try not to be too obtuse. There's no correlation between how complex or non complex a case is and how long it takes an arbitrator to issue his ruling. In other words, a simple case may take a long time or it may not. By the same token, a complex case might take significantly longer than a simple one -- or it may not. Arbitrators work at their own pace and there isn't a darn thing anybody can do about it. Always been that way and always will be.

Verstehst du?

Yep, I agree with you. It's sad that us union pilot's only recourse is to wait years for a decision on a disagreement with management on something as unimportant as our pay.

Latest resources

Back