• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor has it that LOA 93 Arbitrator Has Ruled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was inactive for several months with illness and surgery. Plus, earlier this summer both sides requested additional time. It's simply not wise to assume an outcome based on how it takes.Sure. If a snapback was intended it would've included the word "snapback". It didn't. Plus, a former rep who was involved in the negotiations testified there was no snapback intended or expected.

"Wise"??? Are you kidding me? We are just waiting on a decision by a man. What is wise or not wise about waiting on a decision?

Why did the "wise" and wonderful ALPA put an end date in that SENTENCE? If that end date was meaningless then why put it in? We had a case that yes we will probably lose but we have a good question...why did they put an end date immediately after the pay freeze SENTENCE??????? Go on with your expertise of the RLA and explain to me the status quo provision...you need to get a job in management.

Why is USAPA negotiating for a contract and payrates less then the "snapback" if there so sure of the win? Good luck, win or lose... we win.

Is anybody actually unsure about what the ruling will be?

I now believe that Kasher is going to rule against the pilots - why would the company have gone to all the trouble and cost to get an injunction if their was a chance the pilots were going to win loa 93? Now with the judge's order, the company can control the results if the decision is against the pilots. The only thing Kasher will give the pilots is a contractual 3 percent raise that I believe was in loa 93.

Just my 2 cents

Metrojet

I now believe that Kasher is going to rule against the pilots - why would the company have gone to all the trouble and cost to get an injunction if their was a chance the pilots were going to win loa 93? Now with the judge's order, the company can control the results if the decision is against the pilots. The only thing Kasher will give the pilots is a contractual 3 percent raise that I believe was in loa 93.

Just my 2 cents

Metrojet

I agree. That about sums it up.

M

Kasher absolutely "Kashtrated" the Alaska Pilot group several years ago. Something like a 35% paycut for some. Alaska is a financially stable carrier to boot. For the life of me, I can't understand why ANY union would pick Kasher after that. The SOB should be banned for life.

He didn't castrate them, the Alaska pilots castrated themselves with such an ureasonable contract.

"Wise"??? Are you kidding me? We are just waiting on a decision by a man. What is wise or not wise about waiting on a decision?
Huh? I wrote, "It's simply not wise to assume an outcome based on how long it takes." (Confession: the word "long" got left out. Sorry.) What part of that don't you understand?
Why did the "wise" and wonderful ALPA put an end date in that SENTENCE?
You mean, why did your elected reps do that. My guess is having a bankruptcy judge breathing down their throats along with the threat of liquidation had some effect.
If that end date was meaningless then why put it in?
Not meaningless. Including amendable dates in RLA contracts is routine. A snapback is never implied unless explicitly stated.
Go on with your expertise of the RLA and explain to me the status quo provision...you need to get a job in management.
So now with the epithets, huh. The only thing worse than calling me 'management' would be calling me an 'Eastie'. Don't even think about it.

Huh? I wrote, "It's simply not wise to assume an outcome based on how long it takes." (Confession: the word "long" got left out. Sorry.) What part of that don't you understand?You mean, why did your elected reps do that. My guess is having a bankruptcy judge breathing down their throats along with the threat of liquidation had some effect. Not meaningless. Including amendable dates in RLA contracts is routine. A snapback is never implied unless explicitly stated.So now with the epithets, huh. The only thing worse than calling me 'management' would be calling me an 'Eastie'. Don't even think about it.

Lighten up Francis. If you are happy that our only means of solving a dispute with management is taking years than I think you would be great in management. He had surgery big deal. We aren't asking him to conduct an amphibious assault. The DAY of my surgery (big one) I was on my laptop e-mailing my peeps. Researching legal precedent and forming a decision can be done in bed with a lap top...there is something else going on here and every pilot should be disgusted by it. That process is our only means...only means of solving a dispute with management. When he finally decides against the pilots we will have our decision and get on with life. Who knows, when us eastinfections learn that news maybe there will be a change in attitude that will benefit all US Airways pilots. Epithets?...really?

That process is our only means...only means of solving a dispute

You're joking right? I hate to break this to you but you can't be selective about which "final and binding" arbitration is valid and which one is not.

You guys brought all this misery upon yourselves. The question is, "when will you have had enough"?

I personally hope the East gets everything they asked for. The reality is this East West struggle affects a small portion of the big puzzle. All of us benifit every time a pilot group makes more money, especially those of us in negotiations.

It will be interesting to see if the East gets the raise and USAPA takes the stance that the west should be brought up to their wages how many will bitch about that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back