• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rev Bedford's Sunday School Lesson To RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, some of you say it is OK for a person in a position of authority over others to inject their personal value system in communications to employees of a public company...in a forum where he is the only one given a voice to a captive audience, by virtue of being the CEO. The phrase is "bully pulpit".

(BTW: It is a captive audience when the CEO of a company stuffs mailboxes with a message or when he posts it on the web - employees are expected to read communications from their managers through company channels of communications).

What are the chances of Bedford letting other employees compose their own editorials, perhaps even dissenting viewpoints? And if this were allowed, who would come forward and provide a viewpoint that counters "The Boss", when it could directly affect their career opportunities?

Would you be so in favor of his right to speak his mind as a representative for the company if he was distributing an essay that was pro-choice? Or if he took any position that was not in line with your own beliefs? Or is it only OK when he is taking a moral stand that you agree with?

Go ahead, try to convince me that you'd still be advocating his right to free speech if he wrote a thesis that articulates the virtues of a completely secular society, or if he explained how we all just need to mind our own business and not worry about what religion our presidents and political leaders adhere to. God forbid! The man's a liberal lunatic, you'd say! It's political correctness gone amok!!

What does any of this have to do with providing air transportation? Why must people insist on trying to make America more like these third world theocracies that we rail against, the societies that we constantly tell ourselves we a superior to?

I look forward to the day when it again becomes tacky to discuss religion and politics at work!!

I personally made sure the RAH Board of Directors was made aware that this thing was circulating. I also voiced my disgust and made sure they knew I, and all I can persuade, will be selling our RAH stock.

LMAO, you personally made sure the RAH board of directors was informed.....you are such a tool. The only thing you'll be selling is your '85 toyota corolla.

Our CRJ program IS up and running

If this is true then do you see LAWSUITS heading his way by all the females in his company...if they want to stand up for themselves. This letter was just posted on MSNBC bulletin my roommate says.

I personally made sure the RAH Board of Directors was made aware that this thing was circulating. I also voiced my disgust and made sure they knew I, and all I can persuade, will be selling our RAH stock.

Wow, you're a real hero. What would we do without guys like you to make sure nothing is offensive? Idiot.

I really can't believe this is such a big deal. Seriously, some of you guys claim to be men? Liberals, I realize, are whiney creatures by nature but this is ridiculous. Someone disagrees with you and you go cry about how you're precious little feelings got hurt. Is it that time of the month for some of you? Your once pretty pink vagina feeling not so fresh and maybe it hurts a little bit so you're already emotional?

I always thought you libs and man-girls preached tolerance? So why dont you tolerate BBs opinion, no matter what it is or how you read it? Oh, because you're all hypocrites by nature and only have "tolerance" for people who share the same views as you do.

I'm sure the same people who are calling for BBs lynching right now are the same people who put Rosie O'Donut on the cross for speaking out in favor of gun control. Oh no, she doesn't use HER position as a soapbox for her political causes. It's different somehow, right?

Hey people, there are three pages here about a mans OPINION: GET THE FUK OVER IT!! Maybe abortions should be more encouraged. Weed some of the dumbasses out before they can learn to access the internet.

"It's different, right?"

Yeah, it is. If you possess analytical thinking skills, it is night and day different.

If this is true then do you see LAWSUITS heading his way by all the females in his company...if they want to stand up for themselves. This letter was just posted on MSNBC bulletin my roommate says.

If so, we'll know who the sluts are who probably have had abortions in the past trying to work their way up the ladder. Killing babies is good, its a womans right. Telling people that killing babies is wrong is BAD and EVIL and OFFENSIVE! How dare he! Its my RIGHT to take another life. Right?

"It's different, right?"

Yeah, it is. If you possess analytical thinking skills, it is night and day different.

How so? Say I'm watching some music award show, Oscars, Emmys, etc. and Shawn Penn comes speaking out on social or political views which are opposite of my beliefs. I didn't watch the show for that. I didn't pay my eight bucks to see a movie of his so he could spout off about his political agenda. But his political views are no big secret. I knew before I turned on the TV that my views and his views clashed and he may say some things with which I desagree. So, armed with this knowledge, I can have the remote handy to change the channel if I really don't want to hear him. But I won't because I'm secure enough in myself to say "what an idiot" and then watch the rest of the show without my panties getting all twisted around my bean.

Hows that different than BBs update? Its's not mandatory reading. It's 100% optional. People who read it know from past updates that there is a better than good chance there will be some religious message in it. And around the major religious holidays, they can bank on much larger religious writings. But they still read it knowing full well there could be things in there they dont agree with. And instead of skipping the parts they dont like with, they read em then bitch about them. Then next week they do the same thing...and so on. They know that BBs religious and political views differ from theirs. There is really nothing in the update anyway. Any major announcement comes from a press release.

Analytical..What's that? Some sort of gay disease?

I personally have no problem with most of what he said...actually I agree with the bulk of the morality issues he touched on. The problem that I would have with it though is its apparent political purpose. We all know how the wealthy love to keep their Republican cronies in office so that they can continue to reap benefits off the backs of us loyal tax payers of the middle class. I wouldn't want some rich guy telling me how I should vote when he obviously has only his own best interests in mind...especially if that rich guy were my boss.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back